• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Iowa members check in here!

jnspur

SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Any Iowa members can check in here to get in toch with other members from your area. Your local coordiantor is Ahhyeah and you can find him at www.ahhyeah.com.

I saw one of you out there Sunday!!! :D It was so fast I didn't even really see what color the AV was, but it was a dark color and I am pretty sure it had the amber DRL's. It was on I-35/80 heading North to East by the Hwy-141 mixmaster. wish i would have had time to turn around and chat!!! :6:

I've never seen an AV on an Iowa road with Amber DRL. SO LET'S GET IT ON!!! Mine AV is up on the lift at the shop right now for some more mods. It will be out to play later.

Just got my Av 08/09/03. I have not put the Amber DRL's in yet.

I have a RED '03 Z71 WBH, loaded, with billet grill, and 20" Rozzi wheels.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Welcome to the club, laceym3! It looks like you already have the mod bug! You will have to get some pics up!

Jen

My home pc is down due to a home remodeling project :E:, so I am limited in my posting here at work. Hope everyone is well.

Love the tailgating with the new AV.

I agree about the tailgating. I just did an ice cream cruise with a few members, and it was nice for us to all back up under the awning and sit on the tailgates and chat for a while.

I have have been running amber DRL's for over a year. (NE side of Des Moines/Altoona area)

Sorry I couldn't make the meet in April, I was out of town.

Mike

I too live in Altoona. If you see me around, I am a Red 03' WBH with a Red bowtie. 20" Rozzi wheels.

OK, I am new Avalanche owner and just found this. We have had our 2003 Av since 7 August, have 3100 miles on it. Ours is black, WBH, all factory options (and I love it!).

No mods yet, but working on plans for Flowmaster w/ duals out sides.

We are in Denver, just north of Waterloo, Iowa.

Any events coming up before the snow flies?

tafirehawk309, welcome to the club! ;D (y) I don't know of any upcoming events, which is really too bad because the weather isn't going to hold out much longer. (which isn't neccessarily a bad thing for us AV owners :love: :B: ) I am heading to Prairie Du Chien this weekend; always thought that would make a nice cruise along the River Road- Hwy 35.

I hope you enjoy the club- I have found a WEALTH of information and many good people. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR AV!

Well I know it is a long way but there is a BIG GTG in Georgia on Oct. 10th - 12th! You could always come to that one. Check the boards as there are always GTGs and cruises going on.

Richard

Yep- that's the plan: Pikes Peak State Park, Oktoberfest, Great River Road. I got about 20 rolls of film and 288 mb of compact flash cards to use up... hope the leaves are changing colors.

U.S.A.valanche said:
Not a real talkative bunch, are we? :rolleyes:
I will take that as an invitation to rattle on! ;)
I sort of had plans to go to Prarie du Chien this weekend, Cabelas is having a sale, but my AV is broken. I took it in to have the rear window seal replaced, and it seams I need another seal replaced also. My covers have the white spots, to which the dealer told me they will not replace, try Maguiars Trim Shine :rolleyes: did that already. Now they say that their is a bullitin coming out from GM in 60 days on how they can be painted. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: But they are also closing their doors on Friday, so I am having additional issues with sloppy workmanship. They popped out my sail windows for no reason. My spoiler is cracked and scuffed. There were greasy fingerprints on my headliner. So they won't get my new seal in before they close, so they are transfering my problems to a different dealership. But! This is the clincher. I only have about 600 miles untill I'm out of warranty! So I am only driving back and forth to the dealer until everything is fixed.

Anyway, I hope you have a good time this weekend! And if you go to Cabelas, I need a rain fly for the 6man Alaskan Guide Model tent. ;) >:D ;)

jnspur said:
Anyway, I hope you have a good time this weekend! And if you go to Cabelas, I need a rain fly for the 6man Alaskan Guide Model tent. ;) >:D ;)

Thanks Jnspur, I did have a good time. Unfortunately, I had left before I saw your post so don't have a fly for you. No trip to any offering city is complete for me without a trip to Cabela's, but with the sale they were havng it was pretty much a madhouse.

I bought an air matress and camped in the back of the AV in Pikes Peak State Park and Goose Island park over the weekend. It was great! With the seat and midgate down I had plenty of room for a full size air matress and pillows. There was extra room at the back of the bed for the cooler and other items and I put my our duffle bags and camera bags on the front seat. I used a sleeping bag opened up and one additional blanket and was plenty warm, though getting up and out into the morning air was a little rough. There was not much room to move around in the bed, but with the midgate down you can get the bulk of your body up into the cab area so that the only thing really in the shorter-height bed is your legs. Now, if you have a Snug-Top, that would be a different story. But even so, I think I would want to leave the hard covers in place under the topper for cargo storage. you could put commonly used items at the front and back so you could get to them easily. I think I would want to rig up some kind of barricade to keep things from shifting into (or THROUGH) the window in case of emergency braking, but otherwise that would leave the whole bed area open for sleeping.

When it was time to go somewhere I just let enough air out of the matress to fold/roll it back into the bed, put the midgate and the seat back up and moved the cargo from the front seats to the back and we were on our way.

I have always wanted to camp in the AV and I finally got to. And plan on doing a lot more of it!

I'm glad you had a good time up here in the Nort! (silent 'h' ;))

We have the AV tent and camped in it down at Butch's. It was pretty chilly getting up, but the dog loved it! We slept up on the midgate, and he slept on the tailgate. We left the cooler under the truck and all the stuff jammed in the front seat. We had the heat on for a while and warmed it up in there before we went to sleep, but I think that was mistake, it just made the cold colder. Good ideas with the snugtop. Now if I could just find that extra $2,000 I misplaced... >:D I could try it!

Yes, that ellusive $2k. Too bad we couldn't work out a "timeshare" ;) I considered getting one of those small ceramic 12v heaters and just set the thermostat to keep it bearable. As it ended up it wasn't too bad. I think the hard covers insulate pretty good against heat loss if there is not too much wind.

Now that I have camped in the AV, I am considering doing it more. If people can camp in a tent in the winter, I can camp in the AV.

'Normal campers' can't start up their tent to get the chill out if it gets to be unseasonably cold. Another bonus is not having to tear all the tent stuff down the next morning and pack it away!

Hi everyone. I am an 02 AV owner from Marshalltown and I am MOD crazy. I bout my snugtop a year ago and I love it. I do a lot of fishing and camping and it works great, completely waterproof.

Are there any Iowa AV get- ;Dtogethers?

Hey, smoothy! Welcome! There is nothing scheduled for Iowa right now, but keep your eye on this area for updates. Anyone can put together a GTG, so if you have an idea, throw it out there! There are some plans on putting together a Regional GTG next spring/summer, and I really hope you can make it so I can see that 'snuggie'!

Back