• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

West Virginia Members Check In Here

4x4dreamer

PM 2023
SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2013
SM 2008
Welcome to the West Virginia thread for the Chevrolet Avalanche Fan Club of North America :welcome:

I am Ian and I am the newly elected cruise coordinator for the state of West Virginia.

I am a registered pharmacist and currently live in the town of Richwood, where I was born and raised.

I started in the club back in 2008 at the age of 15, and have grown to love the avalanche and all of the friends I have made through this club. My mom, Sandy, and Wife, Ashley, also love to come to get togethers with me as well! :B: We have a 2013 Black Diamond LTZ Avalanche and look forward to meeting any new West Virginia member that happens to join us in the club. :love:

There are a few active members in the state that I know of, but I wanted to make a formal check-in thread and take the time to welcome any and all new members. Please check this thread periodically for new get together topics as well as to keep up to date with current get together information! We typically attend a lot of get togethers with the Ohio and Pennsylvania crew, but we also like to invite them down here as well on occasion >:D

Post up folks, introduce yourselves and let us know where you are in West Virginia! Some say this state is dead as far as activity goes, but I say it just needs a wake up!!! That goes for you "older" members too >:D Don't forget that this forum does still exist :love: :B:

If anyone has an idea for a get together please let me know and we can get it set up. It doesn't have to be a big get together, we West Virginians have been known to love to EAT!

Thank you all for your interest and I look forward to hearing from all of you! :wave:

-Ian

Member List:

1. 4x4dreamer
2. WVAvalanche & Mrs.WVAV
3. WISEAV - Always a WV Member at heart :love:
4. WVBubba & Mrs. Bubba
5. WVa
6. Mex330
7. sinjin

Last edited:
I know I am one of the "older" ones you are referring too... funny thing is I have been around so long I remember when I was the young one! :p For those that might not know... me and the hubby live in Huntington and have a 2002 black z71. Our first GTG was in 2002 and it was the first one for the WV/OH area. After 12 years of GTG's I have loved everyone I ever attended... from almost 100 av mega meets  :eek: to 2 av "eatings".  :B:  We have a a great group of AV owners here that I am thankful to call friends. Look forward to seeing new WV members and keeping up with our old friends even the Adoptees!  :love:

For ideas...Summersville Camping GTG would be awesome.

We would need to reserve it early.

Maybe start a thread and I can hook you up with the owners.  (y)

Mrs. WVAV said:
I know I am one of the "older" ones you are referring too... funny thing is I have been around so long I remember when I was the young one! :p For those that might not know... me and the hubby live in Huntington and have a 2002 black z71. Our first GTG was in 2002 and it was the first one for the WV/OH area. After 12 years of GTG's I have loved everyone I ever attended... from almost 100 av mega meets  :eek: to 2 av "eatings".  :B:  We have a a great group of AV owners here that I am thankful to call friends. Look forward to seeing new WV members and keeping up with our old friends even the Adoptees!  :love:

Agree  (y) I thought maybe a welcome thread would give us active members a chance to introduce ourselves and let the new members know how AVsome we are   :love: :B:

To be honest, it feels a little wrong for me to be CC because I am the "young blood" and I haven't been around nearly as long as most everyone else!

BigBlockBirch said:
I tend to consider myself a WV Adoptee...

Uhh, Duh! The "Wild" in Wild and Wonderful has to refer to someone!  >:D

BigBlockBirch said:
For ideas...Summersville Camping GTG would be awesome.

We would need to reserve it early.

Maybe start a thread and I can hook you up with the owners.   (y)

I wish we could get this to work out again!  :D I wasn't aware that they were under new ownership, and I live 30min away  :E:

Jim and I were talking about WWW this year and North Bend was mentioned for the spring by me We could always do it in the spring and then Summersville in August  ??? We need to get the creative juices flowing, April will be here before we know it!  :p

-Ian

North Bend has always been popular for WVWWW. Its centrally located to our average attendee... that makes it nice for everyone. They were easy to work with too when I planned it a few years ago... the prices are not bad... and given a little notice they normally have plenty of vacancies so we can get the cabin and lodge rooms to fit our needs. 

Newer member here from WV! Bridgeport/clarksburg/fairmont area  :wave:

Mex330 said:
Newer member here from WV! Bridgeport/clarksburg/fairmont area  :wave:

:welcome: Mex330

I can't tell you how happy I am to see a new member in the WV forum  :love: :B:

I'm back and forth between Morgantown and Summersville at least once a week, so we will have to get together sometime.  (y)

I have been a member since 2010. I live in Bridgeport and I on my second avalanche. Welcome new members.

WVa said:
I have been a member since 2010. I live in Bridgeport and I on my second avalanche. Welcome new members.

Sounds like we've got enough Members to have a small meet-up sometime  >:D  (y)

Sounds good! I got some family down towards beckley and summersville!
If you see a sunburst orange avalanche with 35w drop in HIDs its me! Lol also the truck has a dumped exhaust but thats previous owners work not mine

Mex330 said:
Sounds good! I got some family down towards beckley and summersville!
If you see a sunburst orange avalanche with 35w drop in HIDs its me! Lol also the truck has a dumped exhaust but thats previous owners work not mine

I'll keep my eyes peeled  >:D If you're ever down toward Summersville this summer shoot me a PM, I'd like to get to know all of the WV members! That way you can meet your Cruise Coordinator and we can put faces to the Screen Names!

Sinjin checking back in!

Been a while I know but I still have the 02 Avy rollin along everyday.

In fact my son now owns a black 02 himself so we have a mini GTG everyday in the front driveway.

Great to see this site and WV chapter flyin the flag.

sinjin said:
Sinjin checking back in!

Been a while I know but I still have the 02 Avy rollin along everyday.

In fact my son now owns a black 02 himself so we have a mini GTG everyday in the front driveway.

Great to see this site and WV chapter flyin the flag.

Woohoo! Nice to see an older member checking back in! GoldBowTie mentioned that he happened to run into you after nationals last month.

Avalanche Pizza in Athens Ohio is coming up in October :)  (y)
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,147523.0.html

Hello, fellow mountaineers. Well, you might not consider me a true WV since I live in the eastern panhandle. But I still have WV plates. ;-)

My goodness I can’t wait till I get to call WV home…our kid was in WVU’s graduate program…now he works at WVU. My Grampa was from the Canaan Valley (Davis) and we used to own hunting property in Coxs Mills…Can’t wait to call Lewisburg home. All ready have new personalized plates picked out “OUTTANJ” 😁🤣

My goodness I can’t wait till I get to call WV home…our kid was in WVU’s graduate program…now he works at WVU. My Grampa was from the Canaan Valley (Davis) and we used to own hunting property in Coxs Mills…Can’t wait to call Lewisburg home. All ready have new personalized plates picked out “OUTTANJ” 😁🤣
Lewisburg is an awesome town! I’m just across the mountain in a little town called Richwood! 😀

Back