• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Remove Center Console

12truck

:help:  Please !

This has been a difficult topic to research. It seems some people have done it, but i cannot find a complete explanation of exact details i am interested in.

I would like a 6-seater (lots of kids) :D. The LS is not as common as LT and LTZ in the 2007+ models. Also, LS didn't have a lot of the other nicer options.
So I am considering buying an LT or LTZ and swapping the center console for a center jumpseat from another Avalanche/Silverado/Tahoe/etc.

I have some concerns though. Before I sink money into the "wrong" model and ruin it, i want to know how much problem i might have.
From what I can dig up on google, at a minimum, i would have a Bose amp and Bose Subwoofer to relocate or remove.
I also understand that i can't just snip the amp because the other truck audio controls, etc run through it.
Also, there would be backseat vents and backseat radio controls to remove.

Has anyone had their console out ?
even better - Have any pictures to share ?

Anyone know the real risks or dangers to any other systems if console controls are removed ?

what about the UGLY factor? are there holes cut into the carpet for things mounted inside the console (if it is under the seat, it won't matter. But, between seat and dash would look bad)
Any suggestions of where to relocate the amp/sub ?
any idea - if the truck has a backseat DVD screen, would that be impacted by removing rear seat audio controls from the console?
any idea if removing the backseat vents will cause an issue?

I am sure it will be a little bit of a project, but if it is do-able, it would open up my truck hunting options a bit.

if you have already done this project - let me know. would love to hear the good and bad part of the experience.

Thanks for your help!

Having taken out my console to do some work on it...

Buy a truck setup the way you want it...
Much less work and much less headache than taking out the console.

There are many wires that go to the console in my truck. I extended the harness for the factory amp and moved it. In the process I lose my rear speakers. I think it is confused about the RSE somehow but you are much better of with a truck already setup the way you want.

You will end up otherwise buying a partial dash, new front seats and potentially losing functionality of your radio and other stuff.. If you DO decide to do so, get a truck without the Rear Seat Entertainment system on the rear of the console. The wire harness is much less complex.

well just get the ltz or a lt with non bose system then just take the center console and swap it with a bench wont have a amp to worry about

Back