• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Super Chevy Show Pics 8/2

PhantomFloater

SM 2003
Thanks to Rich for being the point man for this GTG, great job. The rain held off and we had two new members show up.

My mouth is still on fire from the wings and my ears are ringing from the jet cars, life is good.

The day started out with a little rain.

30851139.jpg

30851096.jpg

30851089.jpg

30851083.jpg

30851064.jpg

30851045.jpg

30851016.jpg

Well, there were lots of cameras and lots of picture taking. Next time, we need to get our ability to go from zero to barbecue in 60 seconds on film.

These GTG's just get better and better. Many thanks to Rich and Lee for putting this together, Mark and Ross for the full-time DRL's, AVinginNH and SpottyJ for coming by and adding to the fun, and to everyone else whose company makes these meets memorable.

So who's ready for a cruise up US-1 before the big Second Annual Avalanches in the White Mountains meet? Time to visit the Mainer's backyard. ;)

It was an awesome time. The cars were unreal and I was in heaven everytime a bigblock rumbled through the pits. The tire smoke sure is a wonderful smell :B:. Tim, the wings were great as always ;D. Rich and Lee thanks alot, you guys know how to make these things work. I would have to say that it was the best place we could have brought our gang of avalanche and bowtie lovers. Can't wait till the next one.

Alex

Here are some of my pics, if I can get this right :rolleyes:

Anybody else notice that sign at the beach in the first image? ;D

-Mark

BeachSign.JPG

Lineup.JPG

BackLineup.JPG

Vette.JPG

Z28.JPG

SmokeShow.JPG

JetCars.JPG

HI Gang
Made it back safely [but not quietly,,, the second Napa alternator was squeeling as well,,, guess I can't recommend them for parts]

Thanks to all that attended,,,, (y)
and some new members for showing up
I feel bad for those members that never attend these GTG's, they're missing alot of fun :6: and good food

We were very lucky with the weather, rained all night and in the morning>>> once we put the tents up>>. not a drop all day, and near perfect barometric racing conditions>> can you say>> 294 MPH

I thought it was great, that the AutoZone people, noted the attendance of the Avalanches at thier show over the loudspeakers (y)

ALSO
When speaking to the AutoZone Event Coordinator who does these thruout the country,,, He said he has not seen the CAFCNA participating in any of the other shows they do

SO WE MAY HAVE SOMETHING ELSE UNDER OUR BELT,, AS A FIRST
[the MOD Day, may be the other]

I put my boy's in charge of the pics,,,
so not a whole lot to choose from, but they had a blast
Rich

8-2_arrival.jpg

Attachments

• 8-2_arrival.jpg
    8-2_arrival.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 4
and we definatley looked like a professional organization
Nicely lined up>>> signs,,portable tents, grilles etc

Epping_Lineup.jpg

Attachments

• Epping_Lineup.jpg
    Epping_Lineup.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 4
Josh, I don't think WebShots will allow you to link back to them, plus the pic is to large here it is resized.

Josh1.jpg

Attachments

• Josh1.jpg
    Josh1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 4
Wow Josh, that's a really nice picture of a bull dog there. Yep, very nice... >:D

Looks like a fun time (as usual).

Wish I could have made this one. Figures, the GTG closest to where I live and I could not attend!!!! argh!!!!

Thanks for posting pics.. (y)

Well what more can I say that hasen't been said already.

These GTG get better and better. couple notes:

- Thank you Rich and Lee for ANOTHER great one! :)
- Tim, keep the HOT WINGS coming. They were sooo goood...
- Alex, your mother's company was great. Glad to see she made a GTG. Hopefully she will join at future GTGs.
- Can I be placed on the list for full time DRLs at the next MOD fest?
- Tim's idea for a US1 GTG in Maine sounds enjoyable.
- Since we are posting them, my Nextel 180*57*65188
- Great Pics! Great Food! Great Bunch of People!
- Mimosa or Jello Shots anyone! >:D

Russ, Janet, and Marianna

Yes he did make it. If you look closely you will see the botton of the logo has "New England Chapter" on it.

Hi gang!

Great pics! (y) I forgot my camera this time.

The food was amazing as always...WOW those wings were hot!

Mimosa to start the day, and jello-shots to finish it up...boy do we know how to throw a GTG.

The announcers mentioning our group was great...

Still can't believe the guys that brought a 3500 Dodge to a Super Chevy Show... :E:

Looking forward to the next one as always...thanks again Rich and Lee for your hard work on these...we could do them every other weekend if it was up to us... :0:

Thanks again ALL! See you soon!

Bjorn and Family :B:

I had a great time at the show, a lot of great cars, and I loved those jet cars. I wish that I had my AV there, but next time I will.

I wanted to ask you guys if any of you have a dealer near you that you could refer me to (y), because I really don't want to deal with mine any more. :8:
Thanks.

-James R. :cool:

Well, if you really want to travel all the way to New Hampshire for maintenance, Hilltop Chevrolet's service department has always done right by me.

Every other weekend, Bjorn? Are you slacking on us? ;)

James, My dealer which whom my dad knows very well (he knows everyone in the parts department and the sales manager) is an awesome dealer they do good work and listen to people problems. If you want just tell me and I will see what they can do for you, Im sure they would be willing to help you because of my dad who gives them lots of business and they do not want to dissapoint them. The dealer is Liberty Chevorlet in Wakfield, Ma. just tell them Ed Oteri sent you if you call them. If you want to meet with them in person we can bring you down there. Let me know.

Alex

Thanks for getting back Alex. If you could ask them whether they could repair the brakes under warranty, then I can figure out what to do from there.

-James R. :cool:

Back