• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

WV WWW XIII March 20th-22nd 2015

4x4dreamer

PM 2023
SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2013
SM 2008
Time to make it "official", now how many of Ya'll want to join us?

When:

March 20th-22nd 2015

Where:

Blackwater Falls State Park, Davis WV

1-(304)-259-5216

Accommodations:

The lodge is closed for renovations that weekend, but there are still plenty of cabins that can be rented at a decent price.

South Side Cabins
1 bedroom-$118.00 a night
2 bedrooms-$135.00 a night
4 bedrooms-$167.00 a night

All one bathroom, wood burning fireplace/furnace, full kitchen, pets allowed

North Side Cabins( All are 4 bedroom/2bathroom) to see a full breakdown of the bedding arrangements in each cabin Click Here

$300.00 a night

Gas Log Fireplace & furnace
TV, Telephone, WiFi, Complete Kitchen set up for housekeeping with Dishwasher
All North Side cabin are non-smoking and do not permit pets, Washer/ Dryer Combo

The campground is also CLOSED on that particular weekend. Incase anyone was thinking about braving the chilly WV weather  >:D

Attendees:

1. 4x4dreamer +2-Cabin #2 (2 rooms)-33
2. GoldBowTie and Toots-Host Cabin-32
3. OldVmer +1-Host Cabin-32
4. 02Z71 +1-Host Cabin-32
5. BnGBleeder +1-Cabin #2-33
6. Mrs. WVAV and WVAvalanche-Cabin #2-33
7. Toot's Kinfolk-Host Cabin-32​

Maybe:

1.BigBlockBirch, MzBBB aka TTT , and the "kids" both furry and not  :cry:

Schedule of Events

Friday

Arrive in Davis, and check in. Group Dinner in Davis

Saturday:

9:00am-10:00am   Breakfast in the Cabin

10:30am-12:00pm---Tour Blackwater Falls State Park

12:00pm-3:00pm---Group Cruise and outing  (Radios on channel :cool:

3:00pm-5:00pm---"Talkin' Trucks" Group Modding

5:30pm-???---"Fillin' guts" Group Dinner with evening shenanigans to follow

Sunday:

Group Breakfast at one of the Breakfast restaurants in Downtown Davis
Group Good-bye's  :cry:

Right now I am looking at two places:
Bright Morning Inn Restaurant
      The Breakfast Nook          

Check this post periodically for updates about this GTG

Good job Ian!  (y) (y) (y)

Count Joyce and I in on this. I am also for the fancy North side cabins. If I remember correctly, the south side cabins are very primitive, besides only having one bedroom, I don't believe that they have wifi, a tv and only limited baseboard heating if they have any heating at all.

Once we get enough interest for an additional 4 bedroom cabin, I will be glad to reserve the second one but for now save us a place in the host cabin.

02 Z71 said:
Good job Ian!  (y) (y) (y)

Count Joyce and I in on this. I am also for the fancy North side cabins. If I remember correctly, the south side cabins are very primitive, besides only having one bedroom, I don't believe that they have wifi, a tv and only limited baseboard heating if they have any heating at all.

Once we get enough interest for an additional 4 bedroom cabin, I will be glad to reserve the second one but for now save us a place in the host cabin.

GoldBowTie is actually handling the host cabin, circumstances beyond my control (mom and ashley) are going to force me to rent a more primitive 2 bedroom cabin unless we get enough for more than one 4 bedroom. With she and I, and mom that takes up 2 full bedrooms between the 3 of us. I didn't see it fair for us to take up 2 rooms in the host cabin. However, if everyone comes that I believe will come, we shouldn't have an issue getting enough for 2 or even 3.. Hopefully! Ill update you to attending  (y)

-Ian

More Cabin info,

Here is a cabin map of the new "North Side" cabins. They are fairly far away from the more rustic cabins and are grouped together quite nicely with full paved parking areas out front. The cabins in question are labeled 27-39

ScreenShot2014-12-24at24606AM.png
[/URL]

I'm waiting to hear back from "Lois" the lady that I talked to today about which exact North Side Cabins are available for that weekend. *fingers crossed* a full group of 4 are open right next to each other. That would be incredibly convenient.

-Ian

We are a maybe....

But it will be much easier knowing that we can bring the pugs.

I'll let you know ASAP.

BigBlockBirch said:
We are a maybe....

I'll let you know ASAP.

John,

All of the North Side cabins are pet free unfortunately.  :( The South Side cabins allow pets, but they are the more primitive cabins. I think it's silly of them to not allow pets even with a fee in the North Side cabins, but I "guess" they have their reasoning.

4x4dreamer said:
John,

All of the North Side cabins are pet free unfortunately.  :( The South Side cabins allow pets, but they are the more primitive cabins. I think it's silly of them to not allow pets even with a fee in the North Side cabins, but I "guess" they have their reasoning.

Mainly it is due to people having pet allergies. 

I have not issue with Primative...just need to know if there is two or three of us coming...

I will reserve the host cabin soon.
Three of the four bedrooms are spoken for.
1 GBT
2 02 Z71 - is willing to get additional cabin if there are enough takers.
3 OldVMer
I think WVAvalanche wants the fourth, so I'll give them first dibs.

GoldBowTie said:
I will reserve the host cabin soon.
Three of the four bedrooms are spoken for.
1 GBT
2 02 Z71 - is willing to get additional cabin if there are enough takers.
3 OldVMer
I think WVAvalanche wants the fourth, so I'll give them first dibs.

I called Blackwater Falls today to confirm the # of Cabins available. Of the 13 "fancy" cabins, they have 7 available for immediate reservation. She said they also have 2 blocked off for "emergencies" and one that is an ADA cabin and only available to those parties including someone with a handicapped permit.

The cabin numbers available are #27, #29, #30, #31, #32, #34, #36

#30, and #31 are the only two available for reservation that are directly beside each other.

Since essentially all 4 of the host cabin rooms are spoken for, I would just the same assume we will need an additional one. If so, I can reserve it, but 2 rooms will already be spoken for (Ashley and I, and MOM) so that leaves 2 available in it.

"Lois" wont be back until monday and the woman that answered today didn't have the authority to "block out" #30 and #31 for us to have, however she can take reservations...  :beating:

-Ian

BigBlockBirch said:
We are a maybe....

I'll let you know ASAP.

I updated the list. Hopefully you get to move to the top  :D

GoldBowTie said:
Ian,

Should I wait until Monday to call?
Then ask for either cabin 30 or 31?

I spoke to Lois today. I asked her to block out at least 2 and if she could 3 cabins side by side. They can take reservations now, but Monday is when she said she'd be back in the office. If you choose to call Monday, just ask for Her. I told her to put it under the Chevy Avalanche Club

-Ian

I called Blackwater Falls today and spoke to Lois.
Lois said she is holding cabins 32, 33, 34 and 35 for the Avalanche Club.
These four cabins are on the same culdesac.
I reserved and paid for a cabin.
I was given cabin 32.

I will be glad to reserve one of the others. Let me know Ian.

02 Z71 said:
I will be glad to reserve one of the others. Let me know Ian.

Sorry Brian, I have been slightly MIA. I had to work 6-6 the last 3 days and again tomorrow.. Up at 4:30 and home at 7:30, the real world stinks  :laugh:

If Jim has the host cabin, then there are 3 additional bedrooms in it. If OldVMer, you and Joyce, and one other couple. I was going to go ahead and get the second cabin, since Mom & Ashley and I take up two rooms off the bat. BNGBleeder expressed interest in sharing a room in the second cabin leaving one more. If both cabins have one additional room, then it should work for the others Taney and Melissa would have two rooms to pick from leaving one more for whomever.

Then, if need be someone could jump in and reserve a 3rd cabin.

Or if Taney and Melissa want to stay in the host cabin that leaves two additional bedrooms in the second cabin for grabs. I can't speak for them though. Im kosher either way  >:D

-Ian

4x4dreamer said:
Sorry Brian, I have been slightly MIA. I had to work 6-6 the last 3 days and again tomorrow.. Up at 4:30 and home at 7:30, the real world stinks  :laugh:

If Jim has the host cabin, then there are 3 additional bedrooms in it. If OldVMer, you and Joyce, and one other couple. I was going to go ahead and get the second cabin, since Mom & Ashley and I take up two rooms off the bat. BNGBleeder expressed interest in sharing a room in the second cabin leaving one more. If both cabins have one additional room, then it should work for the others Taney and Melissa would have two rooms to pick from leaving one more for whomever.

Then, if need be someone could jump in and reserve a 3rd cabin.

Or if Taney and Melissa want to stay in the host cabin that leaves two additional bedrooms in the second cabin for grabs. I can't speak for them though. Im kosher either way  >:D

-Ian

I am confident thathat we will be able to fill both cabins. I will call and reserve one tomorrow.

02 Z71 said:
I am confident thathat we will be able to fill both cabins. I will call and reserve one tomorrow.

Brian, If you'd like, I can reserve the second one. Melissa talked to BnGBleeder and agreed she'd probably stay in the second cabin. Which would mean if you and Joyce wanted to remain in the host cabin we'd only have to fill one bedroom in it. Like I said, I am kosher. But if it went that way it'd be

Host cabin:
GBT & Toots
OldVMer
02Z71
Open space

Second cabin
4x4dreamer
MOM
BnGBleeder
WVAvalanche

Phew, the second cabin is looking like the "rowdy" cabin  :laugh:

4x4dreamer said:
Brian, If you'd like, I can reserve the second one. Melissa talked to BnGBleeder and agreed she'd probably stay in the second cabin. Which would mean if you and Joyce wanted to remain in the host cabin we'd only have to fill one bedroom in it. Like I said, I am kosher. But if it went that way it'd be

Host cabin:
GBT & Toots
OldVMer
02Z71
Open space

Second cabin
4x4dreamer
MOM
BnGBleeder
WVAvalanche

I think they charge for one day when you make the reservation so I will go ahead and make the reservation unless you really want to. I don't care which cabin I stay in.

02 Z71 said:
I think they charge for one day when you make the reservation so I will go ahead and make the reservation unless you really want to. I don't care which cabin I stay in.

If you'd like that's perfeclty fine Brian. :) I just didn't want you to feel obligated. Your the best!  (y)

-Ian

4x4dreamer said:
If you'd like that's perfeclty fine Brian. :) I just didn't want you to feel obligated. Your the best!  (y)

-Ian

(y)

4x4dreamer said:

Host cabin:
GBT & Toots
OldVMer
02Z71
Open space

Second cabin
4x4dreamer
MOM
BnGBleeder
WVAvalanche

Did it become a rowdy cabin just cause it was mentioned that we might be in it??!!??  >:D Jack did ask us the other day if we would like to share a cabin with he and Ian. I saw mentioned maybe needing a quiet cabin and a not so quiet cabin... and I know that we are night owls and normally  the last ones to leave the party so that cabin would probably  be the best bet for us. I really don't care which  cabin I sleep in though cause I plan to spend quality  time with each of you.  :love:

We can't commit until we see if my daughters and dogs will be making the trip.

That will then depend on where we stay.

Back