• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New England Chapter - Second Annual Avalanches in the Whites

nh_mark

SM 2003
Ok, I am starting this thread to start getting ideas together for this GTG.

So far the suggestion was made to make this an overnight trip possibly staying at Indian Head Resort.

Tim has also suggested the following, I think this would be a very cool trip also.

WingMan said:

While you're cruising the mountains, think about being able to do the big loop: I93 - Rt 3 - Rt 302 - Rt 16 - Bear Notch Road - Kancamangus Highway - I93. It could be cool.

So I will start the suggestions...

1. We meet at exit 1 rest area on 93 on Saturday morning
2. We drive up to the Mountains and stop at one of the scenic area for a cookout lunch.
3. We go to Indian head resort to check-in
4. Plan some Saturday night activity here.
5. Sunday we do the big loop as Tim suggested with some stops on the way and maybe stop for lunch someplace
6. The loop will bring us back to 93 where we can drive home.

Let the planning commence...

-Mark

Hello fellow New England Av'ers. Love this site, been lurking for some time and finally purchased my Dark Grey Metallic Av on July 5th. I wanted a WBH, but my wife wanted the cladding. With all the road construction going on around here, I'm sure glad we got the body armor (y)

Your GTG's look great! What's the projected date for this GTG? My son wants to know if their will be any other kids (he's 9 going on 16)...

Welcome to the New England Chapter EddV, nice to have you aboard. The reason for this thread is to get everyone's input and ideas so feel free to make suggestions.

We still have to pick a date, the weekend of Oct 19th is out for me, my buddie is getting married and I'm his best man. The bachelor party will be Sat Sept 27. Other than that I can be free any other weekend.

Rich (capecruis8er) has two boys around your sons age.

BTW WE NOW HAVE AN AVALANCHE FONT YOU CAN USE HERE AND ALSO DOWNLOAD FOR YOU OWN COMPUTER, KOOL

Look for it here http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=37;action=display;threadid=519;start=msg235006#msg235006

Phantom said:
We still have to pick a date, the weekend of Oct 19th is out for me, my buddie is getting married and I'm his best man.

The best man, or just the better man? ;)

Well, there's the 5th/6th if we want to try to get into the things that close after Columbus Day, like Clark's, for example, but that'll probably be too early for colorful foliage. The following weekend is, of course, Columbus Day weekend. We could take our chances with the potential crowds.

I'm not available the 19th/20th either, so moving on...

Anything after that date is probably too late for good foliage and about everything will be closed as well.

As of right now we are available any weekend in Sept. or Oct. We are still undecided on kids or no kids for that one. We just got back from a few days up there, we went to Story Land, Santa's Viallge and Clarks Trading Post. I would suggest that if we are going to try for prime foliage time then we should try to nail down a date soon and book the hotel, if we are doing an overnighter.

-Mark

Hi All!

Happy to see we are planning the next GTG.

Sounds like an awesome one as well...

Weekends we are free:

September: 13-14, 20-21 (I believe this is out for others though)
October: 18-19, 25-26

Hope to nail something down soon!

Icebear - Bjorn

Lee and others, My dad talked with our local dealership who he is friendly with about sponsoring our club. They wanted to know what you guys were looking for in a sponsor. So give me some ideas so I can pass it along to them, they seem interested.

Alex

I missed the First Annual Avalanches in the Whites (just didn't seem to make sense, not having an Avalanche at the time), but I plan to make this one.

I'm pretty much free anytime, and if it's an overnighter perhaps my wife will join me.

-John

Rich,
Not to get too far off the subject, I mean I'm still talking New England. What did you say the name os the New England site is? Is it www.cafcne.com? I tried it, thought I had it right (I was paying attention I think) but I just got a bunch of folders when I got to the cafcne page. Is the site up and running yet??

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

The site is not up and running yet. I was hoping to talk to the NE people at the last GTG, but I could not make it.

This weekend I am in the process of moving to another hosting service (boy is the current guy a prize; I reported a mailing list problem and after three unsuccessful attempts to fix it, he told me I should go somewhere else -- so I did and it costs less than 1/3 of what he was charging).

Anyhow, I will start putting things on there this weekend.

If anyone has any ideas, please send them to me!

-john

:B:Hi everyone i'm a CAFCNA member for mass and would love to hook up with your club how do i go about it?Thanks Munds

munds Z71 said:
:B:Hi everyone i'm a CAFCNA member for mass and would love to hook up with your club how do i go about it?Thanks Munds

You just did :)

Welcome to the club. Monitor the posts in the region 1 section and you will see everything that we are up to. Once the GTGs start getting closer we will post meeting places, all you have to do is show up. (y)

As of right now we are planning this GTG and I think maybe we are trying to get 1 in before this one up Maine Rt. 1?

-Mark

I would like to throw out the following suggestion...

1. Meet at rest area on Route 93 at exit 1 around 8:00
2. Drive 93 North to the Flume I think we would get there around 10 or 10:30
3. Those who want to do the Flume can do it. For those who do not know, it is a two hour walking tour of a rocky gorge. I did it a long time ago, I think it is about an hour os so. There are alot of stairs.
4. There is a picnic area so when we are done with the hike we can have a cookout.
5. After the cookout we can go to the hotel and check-in

-Mark

Welcome to the club Munds. Hope to see you at one of the GTG's.
A few things you can expect at a GTG are:
Good people, Good conversation, Good times, Great Mods and mmmmmm, Tim's Chicken Wings!

Cheryl

I am in for this one.

I can attend on the following weekends;

Sept. 6-7, 20-21
Oct 4-5, 18-19

(basically every other weekend is good for me)

I would most likely not stay overnight (as I live in central NH anyways, and money is a little tight right now).

Hi everyone,
I sent out the first New England Chapter (NEC) Newsletter the morning, I hope it arrived in your in-box intact. What you should see is the NEC logo on the top and the body should have a number of clickable links. I will work on refining this so if what you got was messed up let me know please.

I'll give everyone a day to respond, then pull the dates together tomorrow and pick a weekend for the Second Annual Avalanches in the Whites GTG.

-Lee

Got the newsletter...cool logo guys. (y)

Looking forward to the cruise...hopefully we get a date nailed down soon... ???

Welcome Munds Z71!!!

I have added a Poll, maybe we can narrow down the dates:

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=25;action=display;threadid=14943

Icebear :B:

One thing that will determine the dates also is the fact that we will need to reserve 10-15 rooms at a hotel during foliage season. This could be very difficult.

Another note about the hotel. I noticed that Indian Head Resort states the following "PLEASE NOTE; WE DO NOT ACCEPT SATURDAY NIGHT ONLY RESERVATIONS, A 2 NIGHT STAY IS REQUIRED FOR WEEKENDS. A 3 NIGHT MINUMUM STAY MAY BE REQUIRED FOR HOLIDAYS"

So another suggestion is The Drummer Boy Motor Inn I have never stayed there so I'm not sure how it is.

-Mark

Back