• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Replace 2012 Sun Visor

bjdzyak

:help:

I had a 2004 Avalanche which I liked very much, but it was time to find a newer model for a variety of reasons.  I found a 2012 which is good, but it doesn't have some of the features that my older model had.

One of them is the sun visor.  The 2004 had duel visors and a pull out section that extended the visor.  But the 2012 is just the basic single visor.

So the question is, does anyone make a custom dual visor like my 2004 Avalanche had AND if so, is it possible to remove the 2012 visors and replace them a better dual-version?

A third question would be, why the hell would Chevy stop putting the better dual visors in later models?  Very disappointing.  (n)

I have not seen a "custom" dual visor for second generation AVs. You may be able to find an old 2004 type visor and mount it in place, not sure if mounting bolts line up though.
I'm sure the reason for using the new visor design is.... it is cheaper to produce and when any vehicle is nearing the end of it's life cycle every manufacturer decontents it's vehicles to cut costs and prevent leftover inventory of expensive parts.
I don't know what design the Cadillac EXT visors or Suburban visors are but they might fit your AV too.
(FYI you do know your second generation visor will pull out on the shaft and act like the extension piece on the first generation visor?)
I have seen aftermarket tinted visors that clip on to your stock visor and flip down to increase lower glare coverage, you end up looking through the tinted part. It definitely looks aftermarket though.

The visors on the 07+ slide on the mounting bar. So it isn't a dual setup like the older style, but you can usually slide it out further on the mounting bar to get it in the right spot.

:help:

I had a 2004 Avalanche which I liked very much, but it was time to find a newer model for a variety of reasons. I found a 2012 which is good, but it doesn't have some of the features that my older model had.

One of them is the sun visor. The 2004 had duel visors and a pull out section that extended the visor. But the 2012 is just the basic single visor.

So the question is, does anyone make a custom dual visor like my 2004 Avalanche had AND if so, is it possible to remove the 2012 visors and replace them a better dual-version?

A third question would be, why the hell would Chevy stop putting the better dual visors in later models? Very disappointing. (n)
I'm going to try it. Ill let y'all know

Back