AVALANCHE
Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
01/17/18 09:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trusted Mechanics in Southern Ontario (Canada) ?  (Read 3889 times)
rjl1417

Awards
« on: 01/09/15 06:49 PM »

Hello,
I am looking for a good mechanic somewhere in Southern Ontario. I do all of my maintenance myself on my 2002 2500 with 260,000 km, but I am planning on doing a long road trip this summer. Recently had a couple of things happen which make me (mostly my wife) want to get a good check up before we go. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Doorguy

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 01/10/15 06:31 AM »

Welcome! rjl417
What part of southern Ontario are you in?

2003 Chevy Avalanche Z71
rjl1417

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 01/10/15 07:04 AM »

I am in Uxbridge, Ontario, but would travel to get to a good mechanic.

Last week my 4wd stopped working, but after leaving it alone over night it hasn't given me a problem since. And I have been chasing a vibration in the reared that happens at 120 km.

If you have any suggestions let me know.

Doorguy

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 01/11/15 06:39 AM »

I am about two and half hours south west of you in St.Thomas Ont.  That would be quite a commute. I think my mechanic is good but not sure if he is a two and and half our drive good.

The four wheel drive problem is a common problem.  If memory serves me correct it is usually a moisture problem at the transfer case servo connector.  Mine has done the same thing.

As for the reared shake I really couldnt say.  Hopefully somebody else picks up on this and has some ideas.

2003 Chevy Avalanche Z71
rjl1417

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 01/11/15 09:09 AM »

Yeah that might be a little too far for me.

I am waiting for the 4wd to act up again before I spend any money on it, but hasn't had a problem since. Also, I have read almost every thread on here about the rear end noise and I am waiting to do anything major until I replace the worn out rear tires.

Thanks for your input!
This forum has been fantastic with helping me work through things with the truck. I would just love a second opinion before I spend too much more money on the old beast.
Doorguy

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 01/13/15 10:35 PM »

You could try re listing this under a new title.  You might get more people to jump in.

2003 Chevy Avalanche Z71
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: