• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Winter Floor Mats

munds

I'm looking to buy some winter floor mats for my 09 AV what are you guys buying and were are you getting them from?

Thanks  :B: Munds LTZ  :B:

Weather Tech

Don't make the mistake of going for the cheaper weather techs. I got them for Christmas. They don't fit well.

Westin / Wade

1/2 price of Weather tech and fit very nice.

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,132473.msg2064361.html#msg2064361

munds Z71 said:
ok weather tech it is now were is the best price/place to buy them?

I've bought all my weathertechs direct from the manufacturer. They are probably one of the few things I have ever purchased direct through a manufacturer. Their products aren't really discounted at 3rd party retailers (at least when I purchased mine). Here is a link for the 09 Avalanche per your signature:

http://www.weathertech.com/chevrolet/2009/avalanche/floorliner-digitalfit/

I couldn't find a better price where it would be worth dealing with a third party if there was a problem. They are not cheap, but unless you drive wearing glacier climbing boots, you'll probably never need to replace them. Mine have been in service since 07 and with water and a little soap they still look new.

Like Johnnymo said, don't go with the generic mats. They look tough, but aren't a custom fit and will spill when you try to pull them out to drain them (melted snow). I had them in my trailblazer for 1 winter.

Go with the black liners,  the grey and tan will show stains. Just my .02

A little late to the party, but the weather tech are awesome... if you live in wet weather or have kids, these are a god send! Especially the large single rear floor cover. A little pricey initially but they will last the life of the truck.

Proudly made in the US of A! ;o)

The prob with the hard plastic ones, if there is a water on there, when you turn it dumps into the rocker, I use the fit carped ones.

Well unlike everyone else, weathertech is crap. I can not stand them. There is nothing to help hold them in place and they slide all over. Worst purchase EVER!!

You can tuck then Ito the the plastic rocker cover, and the trim on the seat, it holds the m there. The hard plastic type let all the water on the carpet anyway, I had them.  You have to have a towel on the top, my carpeted ones are from 05, they still look nice, and they are liftime warrranty'd.
A good left or right turn puts all the slop on the carpet with the hard plastic type. pointless.

I can't speak of how they fit in a second gen truck, but mine fit like a glove and do not move around at all without using any silly carpet attachments and such.

And the part I like best is that they go over the door sill so if you spill Big Gulp of Dr. Pepper, it all runs out onto the ground.

I've had other brands in other trucks, but the Weather Tech DigitalFits will be on my list of first mods from here on out.

My westin/wade brand don't move around and the weathertech are just so dang expensive. Way overpriced because they own the market.

Here's the orig factory ones that came with my '05, talk about not protecting the carpet. I yanked them out when I got home and never used them. 

dcn427 said:
Well unlike everyone else, weathertech is crap. I can not stand them. There is nothing to help hold them in place and they slide all over. Worst purchase EVER!!

You must have the wrong mats.  I have owned weather tech, husky and Maxiliners.  Weather tech is the best, Husky pretty good....max....show more dirt and scoff marks but still good

I had the Husky brand in my Suburban for the 10 years I drove it.

They were good and I liked them fine.

I got the WeatherTech's when I bought my EXT.

The truck accessory shop I bought my gear at did not have the Husky's in stock for my truck, so I got the WeatherTech's instead.

I now think they are better and I like them better.

I would use either one and be happy.

I just got lucky that day.

(y)

Catch all is what I have, it holds the water unlike the weather tech.

Linescreamer said:
You must have the wrong mats.  I have owned weather tech, husky and Maxiliners.  Weather tech is the best, Husky pretty good....max....show more dirt and scoff marks but still good

No they are the right matts. they are a perfect fit like they advertise just nothing to hold them in place.

dcn427 said:
No they are the right matts. they are a perfect fit like they advertise just nothing to hold them in place.

Mine are in a 2007 Avalanche.  They don't move an inch and I get in and out with studded boots all the time.

Back