• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Seat Swap Questions ?????

Tslate95

I recently bought a set of black leather seats with the embroidered bowties out of an 02 Z-71 Av. I have a 2003 Z-71 and I want to know if I can put these in my truck. my truck has standard power driver seat and manual passenger. the new seats are power and heated but I don't care if the heated part works I just wasn't the leather look. So my main concern is I know they will bolt up but I want to make sure I have it right, that to make standard power work I need to wire the power of seat to a fused hot and ground it obviously. any input will be appreciated because as I have not tried this before, but I got a great deal because the truck was wrecked so I couldn't pass it up. I also know there are probably other threads on this but I'm new here, thanks in advance

The wiring changed drastically between 2002 and 2003.

Can you still get wiring harnesses for the 2002? You may want to try to get as much of the harness connected to the seats as possible and you may want to pull them yourself to check your truck to make sure there is a mating connector. Take notes about wire colors if you do this. You may want to make sure you know on your truck where the wiring stops. You MAY or may not have part of the wiring in place.

Worst case senario you should be able to move the seat mounting system from one to the other if you get "too" desperate and are just looking for the seats themselves. This would likely be the easiest way to do it. Flip the seat over and see how far you have to disassemble before they share parts.

Would have been easier if you got one off a 2003-2006 truck.. Also note that ANY GM truck of those years would work as would the wiring harnesses since they are all the same. Only issue is if the BCM comes programmed to handle them since they are controlled by the BCM. If not then you might not be able to do anything other than what your truck came with without dealer programming (if they will do it) or a BCM from a truck that has both power front seats.

It is not likely a simple plug and play like you may hope. Technology is grand...

Rodney

I know that the plugs will be different and that the BCM in my truck wont work on the new seats. but I saw on another discussion a guy put 03 seats in his 02 and he just traced the hot and ground for the power options on the new seats then connected them into a power source, (I read that some people went straight to the battery and fused it) and grounded them on the seat mounting post. I know the seats will bolt in because I have checked on all that, and I also forgot to mention that I cut the plugs out of the wrecked truck so I can compare and possibly wire them into my truck.

as I said I'm not looking to make the heat work just the power option to move the seats back and forth, and I have read of people succeeding in this. I just wanted some of you guys input. I'm pretty sure if all else fails I can trace the power wire coming off the seat and then just run a wire to a power source(thinking of running to junction box and fusing it there) and then run a ground.

just updating on this, it is possible to put 02 seats in an 03.

ran into some speed bumps with the wiring as I expected but after some tracing and cussing I figured out how to wire the power options on the seats and the seatbelt indicator.

bracket holes and seat framing were exactly the same and the only thing I couldn't fix was the seat warmers because my truck didn't have them from the factory, maybe aftermarket ones will get added one day. 

Hello everyone I'm new here and own a 2003 AV black cladded 4?4 cloth interior I'm looking to change the look of the inside. My question and concern is.
Can or will the same year Escalade interior parts interchange? I'm wanting the luxury interior of the Escalade and would the seats be plug and play for controls

Yes did that years ago, went from cloth manual seats to 12 way powered escalade seat on both sides.  If you have side air bags and the new to you seat don't you will have to move some components over.

Oh yeah only 03-06 seats will work.

??? not sure what you mean, do you have a console now.

Just the center fold down seat console was talking about the full center console with storage compartment if I knew how to add a picture it'll be easier to show what I was after for a upgrade

Put a 03-06 console in, the 02s are a bit different. You also have to replace the glove box door assembly. Use a silverado avalanche tahoe yukon(not Denali) suburban. Just not a denali or escalade

That gets expensive. You may want to find a donor and get it all at one time.

Attachments

• P1010039.JPG
    P1010039.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 79
That's what I'm looking for I don't have the same style of console just the center seat fold down and cup holders what I had planned was if everything matched up is getting a totaled Escalade and swap interiors then scrap the donor but I wanted to make sure before spending the time or money

Since you don't have a full center console you don't have the bose so you can remove the the bose amp in the escalade console and sell it on ebay they still sell for 150-200.

Back