• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Who has the most miles on their 07+??

mogrowncb

Just thought it might be an interesting thread and didn't see on started. The one's I'm looking at are all higher mileage. I don't mind fixing anything on my own, so the lower entry price is appealing to me. :woot: :woot:

Curious at to anyone else with especially high miles, how is she holding up? Anyone still on fully original drivetrain with higher miles?

Oh, i'm looking substantially higher than that lol. I actually haven't even called on one below 150k!

260 K here.  Just getting started...

:B:

Truck has been great from mile one..    replaced the Alternator at 158K,,  Throttle body at about 240 or so..

And the AFM lifter issue caught up with me at 260..  Fixing that right now, but its all still the original
motor and transmission.... 

Finally decided and picked mine up today.

2007 with 218k on the clock. Have paperwork from dealer showing full engine rebuild 70k ago though. As far as I know everything else is original

Just turned 180K on my 07.  Truck has had it's share of small issues but nothign to complain out.  Motor had the GM AFM TSB issue done by the prior owner at 90K miles, still consumes about a quart of oil between oil changes.  Learned to live with it.  Rebuilt front diff at about 130K, front suspension around the same time and at about 150K replaced the struts/shocks (LTZ.... $$$$).  Otherwise, solid truck and expecting to get another 100K out of her.

Truck has been a very good truck.  Give it TLC and CHANGE THE OIL

My repair list so far:

Just replaced the Oil Pressure Sender Unit (that space is TIGHT for large hands).
Timing Chain Tensioner (did chain while they were already there)
Fuel Pump Replaced 2 years ago (125K?)
AutoRide Compressor and Rear Shocks Replaced (bags blew out and burned out compressor)
HVAP Condenser ? a while ago.
Replaced Front Sway Bar Stabilizer Links with MOOGS...
at 100K I did full spark plug and wires

DUE NOW:
FRONT SUSPENSION (ALL) - LISTING and that rubber bumper squeak on little bumps
REAR COIL SPRINGS (SAG ON DRIVER SIDE)

2007 LTZ

168k miles and tons of problems:

1. Oil consumption starting at 50k.  Used a quart of oil BETWEEN oil changes.  GM suggested we "watch" it for 4 oil changes.  They ended up replacing a piston bank....and 4 months later ended up replacing it again.  Now they're suggesting I replace the engine.

2. Replaced the throttle body after they cleaned it.
3. Replaced a transmission fluid switch, located in the transmission pan....After driving it home that night, I had a puddle of fluid (I think it was transmission) on my garage floor.  Took it back the next day and the dealer "couldn't find any leaks".

4. Replaced an engine motor mount, which I think was destroyed by the dealer upon doing the earlier engine work.

5. Replaced a battery and the dealer told me that it was causing several issues at once which included: 1) clicking noise around the steering column area; 2) the Park assist light steadily lit; 3) the rear view camera not working; 4) The Drive position indicator light (the one that tells you if you're in Park, Drive, etc) not working.  This has happened twice. 

6. Radio popping once I start the vehicle;  Also the side mirrors would go up and down on their own.

7. Engine stuttering while accelerating.  The dealer blamed that on 1) spark plugs needing replacing...did that...didn't work; 2) motor mount needing replacing because it's causing the engine to stutter....replaced that....didn't work; 3) Transmission fluid switch.....replaced that....stuttering stopped some but now it's causing the whole engine to make a squeaking noise while in reverse....now they're blaming that on the entire engine.

8. Minor stuff is probably what everyone is experiencing, like: 1) peeling steering wheel; 2) cracking dash board;

The list goes on and on.  Anyone else having similar issues? 

174k '07 LTZ 6.0L (click signature)

:B:

Clearly not the highest on a '07 AV here on the forums, maybe the higher mileage of the 6.0L '07+?

267 K as of today,  Still waiting to see someone with more.. 

I am amazed at the problems some of you guys have had..  My truck has just been great.. 

I have replaced the shocks and struts once,  but my ball joints/tie rods etc, are all original.. 

So are my 02 sensors for that matter..  She drives as tight today as the day I brought her
home...  I did change the springs and sway bars/ links when I dropped the truck, but that
was 100K miles ago I would guess.. 

Somebody out there has to be over 300K on an 07 ???

220k on my 07 LTZ. Replaced entire Air Susp with ranchoo. Upper and lower ball joints on both sides. 3" lift is eating ball joints for breakfast. Rear diff rebuilt when was still under warranty. Oil pressure sensor needs to be changed such a crappy location I've gave it a try and gave up. I'll get it another day. Believe my tps is on its way out just cleaned the throttle body. Cv joints need to be replaced now. I still love this truck!

48,xxx on my 2007.  (y) I'm on my 3rd battery (batteries are a common problem in the SW deserts), and only other problem was the sensor on top of the fuel pump.

I just picked up a 2007 Pewter 2wd LT with 130k.  I've got 134k on it now. Has a new battery and rebuilt tranny, but runs and drives like a new vehicle.  I am thinking about disabling AFM seeing all the problems some people have, although it works well on this truck and there is no oil consumption.

Just bought an 07 yesterday with 132k on the 6.0. Hoping it will be problem free for another 132k  :D

hitting 200,000 this week and have the same engine and trans and neither were ever rebuilt at all and no oil leaks..  only thing ever done to motor is water pump every 80,000 ( kinda weird lol ) and fuel pump ounce and had the rear and front shocks changed and compressor as I tow trailers.. but love this thing and I plow with it as well...

Orla5555 said:
hitting 200,000 this week and have the same engine and trans and neither were ever rebuilt at all and no oil leaks..  only thing ever done to motor is water pump every 80,000 ( kinda weird lol ) and fuel pump ounce and had the rear and front shocks changed and compressor as I tow trailers.. but love this thing and I plow with it as well...

I just rolled 273,000, and I would offer you one bit of advise !!

Get yourself a range module and that truck will run forever..  If I had disabled AFM on mine I would still be going strong without
an engine overhaul..  My transmission was like new, And the internals on the engine were too.  Only thing that failed was the stupid AFM lifter.
After 259K miles the cylinder walls only needed to be honed, not bored, and we rebuilt the engine with the original size bearings as the
all checked out at original spec..  The guy said the engine would have gone 500K miles based on the shape it was in overall.  It was killed
by the active fuel crap..  Disable it now before you have the problem !!

(y)

My apologies my friend.  But your math is backwards..

1 Kilometer equals .621371 miles.. 

Thus a re calculation puts you at 113,000 miles not 291,000

You divided by the factor, when you should have multiplied..  A Kilometer is shorter than a mile..
Thus you cannot have more miles on a vehicle than Kilometers... 

Still pretty good, but not up to my 273K.. 

(y)

Replace some stuff trying to solve the wondering problem I have had forever but I haven't solved. Oil loss problem but that was fixed by Chevy. I do have rpm issue that it fluctuates (maybe itis the afm lifter) and I can here the surge which sometimes feels to me like it shifts to delivering the drive to a different wheel, not sure could be my imagination.

Back