Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
12/14/17 01:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who has the most miles on their 07+??  (Read 18341 times)
bg_88

Awards
« Reply #50 on: 08/10/17 03:04 am »

I just rolled 273,000, and I would offer you one bit of advise !!

Get yourself a range module and that truck will run forever..   If I had disabled AFM on mine I would still be going strong without
an engine overhaul..  My transmission was like new, And the internals on the engine were too.  Only thing that failed was the stupid AFM lifter.
After 259K miles the cylinder walls only needed to be honed, not bored, and we rebuilt the engine with the original size bearings as the
all checked out at original spec..  The guy said the engine would have gone 500K miles based on the shape it was in overall.  It was killed
by the active fuel crap..  Disable it now before you have the problem !!

Thumbs up!
the main issue is the lack of oil changes you need to do them very frequently  with AFM  every 3,000( 4-4500 with the larger filter) miles (Full synthetic )  once the oil starts getting dirty it gets clogged  since it relies on the OIL pressure to work correctly   and Clean OIL is a must  Also using the LARGER sized oil filter will help keep it clean  (Yes a larger sized filter is available )
FormulaCC1

Awards
« Reply #51 on: 08/10/17 05:05 am »

the main issue is the lack of oil changes you need to do them very frequently  with AFM  every 3,000( 4-4500 with the larger filter) miles (Full synthetic )  once the oil starts getting dirty it gets clogged  since it relies on the OIL pressure to work correctly   and Clean OIL is a must  Also using the LARGER sized oil filter will help keep it clean  (Yes a larger sized filter is available )

What's the Delco number for the larger filter?Huh

2009 Avalanche 1LT
blu_fuz

Awards
« Reply #52 on: 08/14/17 01:14 pm »

Yes I do have the 5.3..

As of today she just rolled over 304,000 miles... 

This is so disgusting I love it.

07AVSS

My 07 Avy SS

Awards
« Reply #53 on: 10/09/17 08:00 pm »

Sorry folks, Been busy and haven't posted for a while...

315K miles...

No issues...

Just an update..

New true duals from the headers back and new stainless tips..   The others had been on there for the full 314K..

Thinking about a steel cowl hood now....

Life Long Carguy..
2007 Avalanche SS
2007 Z06 Vette..
2013 Camaro 2SS
2014 Ram 1500 Sport
31 Street Rod... Project..
LanachenMo

Awards
« Reply #54 on: 11/23/17 07:49 pm »

194k and going strong. Just have to fix oil pan gasket & oil filter adapter gasket.

now if I could only find out what happen to my auto ride thing it would be great.
blu_fuz

Awards
« Reply #55 on: 12/06/17 01:42 pm »

Rolled 191,000 miles on my 07 today.  chevy

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: