Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Dealer Wants My Avalanche  (Read 9206 times)

oih82w8

• CAFCNA 2015 Premium Member
  • Longtime Chevy owner...First time Avalanche owner
Re: The Dealer Wants My Avalanche
« Reply #25 on: 11/02/15 09:06 AM »

I purchased my 08 Avy LT, three weeks ago.  According to the carfax statement, it sat for two months and racked up 42 (test drive) miles before I bought it.  I found it on the next to the last row in the back parking lot.  My wife was thinking that it was placed "back there" on purpose for someone who wanted it but could not acquire it at the present time. 

I will be reunited with my Avy in three days!
oih82w8 = "oh I hate to wait"

2008 LT 5.3L; K&N air filter, Magnaflow muffler, so far...

Calicak89

• CAFCNA 2018 Supporting Member
« Reply #26 on: 11/03/15 05:10 AM »

Have never heard from any dealer about my 02 Z71, they would most likely as i just turned 79000 miles here in Pa. if you tell your insurance co. that you only drive 50 miles a day after they checked milage i saved 400.00 off my next bill.     

Not sure how that works ???, 50 miles/day would be 18,250 miles/year, above the national average, I would think they might try to raise your bill.
2013 Black LT
Many mods to come
2008 Judson Green LT
Way too many mods to list here
2005 Silver Birch Metallic (former)

Flint4x4

• Silent Avalanche - In Memorial
« Reply #27 on: 11/03/15 07:40 AM »

My dealer gave up asking some time ago, my 1994 S10 and '04 Avalanche have under 50,000 miles each.

I bet I could get fair market value for my Avalanche from a dealer  :B: 
'94 Chevy S10 ext. cab. low miles, '09 GMC Acadia low miles
FWD + RWD = 4x4, loaded '04 AV totaled late 2016

Thomcat

• CAFCNA 2013 Supporting Member
« Reply #28 on: 11/03/15 08:23 PM »

My dealer gave up asking some time ago, my 1994 S10 and '04 Avalanche have under 50,000 miles each.

I bet I could get fair market value for my Avalanche from a dealer  :B: 

Mine still hasn't given up and that includes mechanics come yearly inspection time........even admirers I find waiting in the shopping lot, especially when its metal flake sparkles in bright sunlight........almost every time I roll in my cherry condition Fairway Green '13 Z71 with under 7K miles with Nav/REC all the chrome options and auto folding mirrors not available with the "Z" package that I swapped from my '12 before trade. So much interest that I'm careful where I drive and park.

Burned all my mileage in my '12 and now burning up the '15 AWD Traverse to assure my last Avy, now relegated to a Sunday cruiser, will outlive me. It will sit in the garage if there is salt on the roads and I'll even rent a vehicle rather than chance using a parking garage/lot or parking in a craphole neighborhood.
Current Chevys - '16 SilveradoZ71;'13 Malibu LT; '15 Traverse LT2; '15 Camaro LS
Previous Avys - '07 Silver Birch LT, '12 Black LT;'13 Fairway Green LT Z71
Previous  Chevys: '11 Tahoe LT; '11 Malibu LS; '06 Colorado WT; '80 Citation (a FWD POS -turned me off Chevys for 15 years); '75 Impala; 72 Chevelle; '69 Camaro R/T; '65 Impala SS; '62 Nova; '59 Impala; '53 model 210
Other: '80 Cordoba, '84 Crown Vic, '88 Crown Vic, '90 Fleetwood, '96 Taurus, '99 Cirrus, '00 Explorer, '02 300M, '04 300M, '06 T&C miniv

wyotonka

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • WyoTonka
« Reply #29 on: 11/04/15 07:41 AM »

Mine still hasn't given up and that includes mechanics come yearly inspection time........even admirers I find waiting in the shopping lot, especially when its metal flake sparkles in bright sunlight........almost every time I roll in my cherry condition Fairway Green '13 Z71 with under 7K miles with Nav/REC all the chrome options and auto folding mirrors not available with the "Z" package that I swapped from my '12 before trade. So much interest that I'm careful where I drive and park.

Burned all my mileage in my '12 and now burning up the '15 AWD Traverse to assure my last Avy, now relegated to a Sunday cruiser, will outlive me. It will sit in the garage if there is salt on the roads and I'll even rent a vehicle rather than chance using a parking garage/lot or parking in a craphole neighborhood.
Mine is now locked away in a storage unit until we move and buy a place with a garage big enough.

2003 Avalanche
2010 Kia Koup sx
2015 Chrysler 300s
Tonka Truck Build

tsac

« Reply #30 on: 11/23/18 03:45 PM »

My dealer offered a trade when I was there doing a service update. He said the truck is in high demand and wanted to do a deal. I walked out to the show room floor and pointed to the 2018 Chevy Corvette for about $120k. the look on his face was like he was going to pass out. I said I would be glad to drive it out right now.
For some reason he had to pass on the offer :laugh: I also get letters from the local Chevy  dealers . so far the highest offer has been  32k for the 2013 Black diamond with 60k on it. Probably could get that or more on a private sale.
2013 Black diamond LTZ

spidey

• "On the Ranch" by Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
« Reply #31 on: 12/06/18 08:29 AM »

I get them all the time, so I ask, sure, Im looking for a 2018 Avalanche.  Then they say, they arent made anymore, and I said, I know.  So quit asking me.
Silver Ice 2012 LT - Bought June 9, 2012, 240kms

Chrome antenna Chrome AVS bug/rock hood guard
DeeZee tailgate assist hydraulic LED Hitch step
Console organizer Weathertech window vent visors (smoke)
Weathertech floormats (front & rear) Embossed chrome door sill plates
Putco Liquid Spider Web grill insert Chrome lettered license plate frame
Bowtie license plate cover Helo rims/Goodyear Wranglers
Putco tail light chrome trim Chev stamped muffler tip
Bushwacker fender flares Gatorback mud flaps

2013avalanche

« Reply #32 on: 12/06/18 09:40 AM »

Every time i take mine for oil change & tire rotation, i get a call from salesman because mine has only 26,000 miles & in mint condition.

Edfort

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • I love the Chevy Avalanche
« Reply #33 on: 12/06/18 01:19 PM »

My mechanic wants to purchase my 2002 2500 with only 45000 .  It's a great feeling .

EXT4ME

• ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
« Reply #34 on: 12/07/18 04:32 AM »

My mechanic wants to purchase my 2002 2500 with only 45000 .  It's a great feeling .

Sounds like a good mechanic.

Make sure you keep using him as he may want to make sure your truck stays in good shape for when you finally are ready to let it go.

:thumbsup:
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts. Goodyear Assurance CS TripleTred All-Seasons.

Edfort

« Reply #35 on: 12/07/18 04:57 AM »

Never letting it go.

EXT4ME

• ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
« Reply #36 on: 12/07/18 08:31 AM »

Never letting it go.

Just don't let your mechanic know that.

:thumbsup:
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts. Goodyear Assurance CS TripleTred All-Seasons.

grnxnam

• CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member
  • Pastafarian
« Reply #37 on: 12/09/18 07:24 PM »

A dealer doesn't want your 6 year old poopbox.  The dealer wants you to buy a new truck.
Jesus wasn't white, so why does he look like Kid Rock on a cross?"

Edfort

« Reply #38 on: 12/09/18 07:59 PM »

Poopbox.  That's messed up

greatgab

« Reply #39 on: 12/09/18 08:01 PM »

Turns out that second gen late model rust-free poopboxes are holding their value pretty good!  :thumbsup:
2013 White Diamond LTZ 4x4 - Volant CAI - Corsa Sport cat back - MSD Ignition - Superchips performance tune - Amber DRLs - Billet grille

Edfort

« Reply #40 on: 12/09/18 08:08 PM »

I got a first gen rust free show room condition. Poop box. Wouldn't trade it or sell it for any amount.

Edfort

« Reply #41 on: 12/09/18 08:09 PM »

16. Year old. Pop box. To boot.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 24 queries.