• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rust repair on 02 Ava

Brett_The_Hitman

Anyone know where I can get a replacement lower quarter panel or cab corner? No really sure what they call it. The cladding has rusted out of the retaining holes behind the rear door before the rear tire. Any suggestions on where to go for parts?

Good luck. And if you find something, let me know will ya? Been looking for over a year and decided im just going to reconstruct that area.... and leave it open for better drainage. Going to start that project soon. Just make sure to get all of that stupid foam out of there.

Seems most of the raybuck products are for the WBH Avy's. I know what you are going through with the holes rusting out. Ours did that about a year before it got traded.. I ended up filling the void with sticky expanding foam and jamming a broom stick between it and the garage wall and letting it sit to hold the cladding on. Our rockers were beyond rotten as well  :( The rust is the only reason we got rid of it

As soon as weather breaks here in blustery northern NY, Im going to be rebuilding my "cab corners". Ill try to post some pics of my progress. I think its going to involve several small strips of steel bent to shape. We will see. But yes, raybuck is all WBH parts. Cant find a thing for our beloved cladded models.

Here is a couple pics of my quarter panels. Truck is dusgusting because of all the salt on the roads.
Driver Side:

Pass. Side:

That is about the worst that I have ever seen.

Its pretty bad, but I'm confident i can get it back to looking ok. As soon as weather gets a little warmer, im going to start working on it.  :needhug:

Back