• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Ed's 2013 avalanche build thread

Ed2013avalanche

i purchased a 2013 Chevy Avalanche LS 4WD in September of 2014 it has 18,000 miles on it. i had a Hummer and i traded it in to get this vehicle. i love the avy great truck plenty of power and now going on 5 months of owning it im going to start modding it  >:D

here she is at the dealer

First mod i did was to get all weather floor mats

next mod i got the corsa performance air intake with the powercore air filter

installed:

next came the corsa performance catback exhaust it sounds incredible with no drone

installed:

LED tail lights (bermuda black)

putco 60 inch LED tailgate light bar:

installed:

Putco LED dome & map lights

I removed all the wood trim and wrapped then in vinyl carbon fiber

Husky under seat storage unit (gear box)

I installed the fire extinguisher, flash light, & first aid kit (everything is bolted down & secured nothing is going anywhere)
i know many people installed them in the storage bins but i wanted them quickly accessible within arms reach inside the vehicle

looks great  (y) I wonder if that rear storage liner would fit an 03? Or if one is made for it. That looks clean  (y)

wyotonka said:
looks great  (y) I wonder if that rear storage liner would fit an 03? Or if one is made for it. That looks clean  (y)

I second that!  I would love one for my 04 as well!

Where did you get it from?

locking fuel cap

black billet fuel door (this was a pain in the a$$ to install)

AVS in-channel window visors

H & T brush-guard

installed:

I purchase these Rigid dually's hyperspot to put on the brush-guard once the weather gets warmer

that's it for now more mods to come

ARMYtango said:
I second that!   I would love one for my 04 as well!

Thanks guys i got it from Ebay i forget the price. Its hard plastic but it can be trim'd to fit your avy's

Hmmm, I am going to have to invest in one of those husky underseat organizers! I like it (y)

I like the brush guard too, I've never seen one that looked like a big tall bull bar with the headlight guards

The truck is coming along very nicely  :B:

Oh, and Our '13 has around 18k on it as well, after 2 years of ownership  :laugh:

-Ian

Thanks everybody.... Update Im installing a 7.5" inch rcx suspension lift with a 1.5" zone body lift. 325/60r20 Goodyear duratracs tires & 20" tuff wheels. I will post pics soon as everything is done and I get her washed  >:D

PromptCritical said:
That husky thing is kinda cool.  Does it interfere with midgate function?

No it does not interfere at all with the midgate function. If u like I'll take pics

future mods

dual batteries
N-Fab Durasteps
Fox shocks
De-badge emblems
Window tint (driver & passenger windows)
20" rigid light bar (for bull bar)
U-bar headlights (Installing LED bulbs)
train horn from hornblasters (installing it in the spare tire area)
bed rug
monster tow hook
black billet bow ties
after market black housing LED fog lights
black grille
black door handles
Rigid sr-m reverse lights
Zone 1.5" body lift  *possible mod still on the fence if I should get it or not*
i will update as i get parts.

im soon going with some friends to Rausch creek offroad park in PA can't to see what she can do!  >:D

How do you like the RCX lift. How was the install? Looking at doing the same lift.

AVY202 said:
How do you like the RCX lift. How was the install? Looking at doing the same lift.

After a couple of weeks of driving it I really like it! It feels great. The first couple days it felt wobbly but after suspension settled the ride felt awesome. Definitely upgrade your shocks! As far as the install if you have a couple of buddies it fairly simple install, minimal cutting, and depending what size tires you go with you have to trim the inner fenders & some metal.

i got some more things done over the weekend.  :D  i installed LED light switches on the over head console. its a clean looking install im going to wire all the lights some time this week i will post pics once everything is all installed.

LED switches

black door handles

ARMYtango said:
I second that!   I would love one for my 04 as well!

Just noticed this Chuck. Having built mine and installed other subwoofer boxes, I am nearly positive that the rear floor, seats, and mid-gate are identical in all Avalanches.

Really like that Radiance lightbar (y). I had no idea Rigid Ind started doing those. Very cool.

Back