• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Back Chevy Bowtie

Sam1114

I am just curious as to how you change the back chevy bowtie on an 08. Does it involve drilling or can you just change it?

Also, where can I find replacement bowties for the front and back of my 08 avy? I cant find them anywhere!

I believe its just two sided tape. If so you can carefull pry off.heating it with heat gun or hair dryer if no heat gun avilable will help alot. Just dont heat near paint in one spot for to long.
And try ebay.

I used a hair dryer and some fishing line. Heat it up and slowly pull the fishing line from one side to the other. There will be a guide hole behind the bowtie that helps you align it when you get ready to replace it.

What type of material do you recommend getting for the new bowties?

And how much do you usually pay for a set of front and back bowties? The Billet black bowtie

After you sand and paint them what do you recommend using to stick them back on? 3M?

Both of these work well

http://3mauto.com/products/tapes/3m-super-strong-automotive-attachment-tape-03609.html

http://www.shop3m.com/3m-black-super-weatherstrip-and-gasket-adhesive-08008-5-oz.html?utm_medium=cpc&WT.term=%7Bkeyword%7D&utm_campaign=Product+Ads&utm_source=bing&WT.medium=cpc&WT.campaign=Product+Ads&WT.srch=1&WT.content=text&WT.source=bing&utm_content=%5Btid%5D&WT.mc_id=www.shop3m.com&utm_term=%7Bkeyword%7D&cshift_ck=A395C973-1E3E-4058-A4C1-4E4BCA667DAFcskXiDV8ip

Personally, I want to remove mine and then have the guide holes filled and have the entire tailgate sanded and repainted black so its completely smooth

Replaced my rear bowtie just like Old Skool stated in his earlier with a polished stainless bowtie. I do have the original OEM gold bowtie if that is what you are looking for!

I bought some of the All Sales ones on Amazon.

Sent them back.  The rear bowtie was basically a plate and it looked gray.

Bought a set of Chevy licensed ones from www.chevymall.com.

Just got them today so now I have to install.

Back