• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Mirror monitor wire location?

shakey75

Hi. I'm trying to put in a backup camera on my 2011 Avalanche LS. I bought a mirror w/monitor off ebay and the camera from camera-source. From what I've read  in another thread I think I already have the wires in place to connect the camera. Here are the mirror wires:
1                  9 blue
2                 10
3                 11 green/white
4                 12 green/black
5 grey          13 pink
6 white         14 yellow/black
7 blue          15 brown/white
8 black         16 pink

So wires 6 and 7 should be for the camera right? My question is: where do these wires go? Do they become a plug somewhere under the dash? Do they just end somewhere? Am I wrong and they are used for something else? Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
Joey

Look under the passenger seat. There should be a box on the floor.

I know the older 07-09 used what they called a rear view camera module if you are trying to do it like what came from the factory. I'll take a look monday at the manual.

Found them. They are wrapped in blue foil in the mirror harness tape. Was hoping it would end in some type of plug that I could just hook the camera into but no luck.  At some point the blue and white go elsewhere and the blue foil has a tan and bare wire going down the A pillar. Went ahead and just took down the map light plactic and tapped into the blue and white wire inside the headliner there.

You wouldn't happen to have a pin out for these mirrors do you? I am considering picking one up for my '03 if I can wire it up the same. My truck does not have onstar but the auto dimming mirror display for temp and direction is intermittent at this time so I am considering replacing it.

Rodney

Rodney that is never going to happen on a 03, think wireless backup camera.

MS03 2500 said:
Rodney that is never going to happen on a 03, think wireless backup camera.
You mean wireless on my truck?

Not going to happen... Too many issues with wireless.
Once I get a handle on my other projects I will be looking at taking the skin off my tail gate and doing a few projects within the tailgate. (Camera, electric lock, tilt sensor and anything else I can think of while I am in there...)

I do have a Cubby Cam now but until I bought this I was looking at getting a newer mirror but I just have to make sure I can wire it up. Do you have what the pinouts are on the mirrors with the displays in them?

Just won't hook up the Onstar stuff.

Rodney

Back