• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

07+ grill swap to an 04 possible?

plexlove

OK so k just bought some new single piece headlights for my 04..no cladding... and i have to mod my grill to fit them but i hate this grill anyways so have been shopping around and cant find anything that will work Wit these lights.
so i was lookin at pics and minus the headlight's the 04 and 07 look identical... can anyone confirm one way or the other?
Ive been researching this going on 8hrs and cant find 1 thing about it.... read that u can swap 02 to 07 hoods... then read 06 u cant swap... then read 07 and up u can... then read none of the new styles could swap hoods... reason i researched hoods is bevause the lights will roughly be the same so hood height would be my cpncern.
any help is greatly appreciated

no help at all guys?
doesnt matter what yr... model.. etc... just need a newer style grill without the headlight divider... just eyeballing i dont notice any difference.
they make the range rover style grill but imo its ugly as hell and cheap looking.
surely someone over the the last 8 years decided to try this!?

Can't say I've tried, but in my opinion I think you would find that the dimensions would be different. Even if they were close, I doubt the lines of the hood and bumper would match well... At all.

If I were going to do this, I think you'd be better off modifying a grill from an 03-06 by cutting off the extensions of the power bar that separate the front lights. Then I'd fill the holes somehow. If you have a junkyard or you-pull-it yard I would think it would be easy enough to get one at a reasonable price.

My $0.02

Snyder80 said:
Can't say I've tried, but in my opinion I think you would find that the dimensions would be different. Even if they were close, I doubt the lines of the hood and bumper would match well... At all.

If I were going to do this, I think you'd be better off modifying a grill from an 03-06 by cutting off the extensions of the power bar that separate the front lights. Then I'd fill the holes somehow. If you have a junkyard or you-pull-it yard I would think it would be easy enough to get one at a reasonable price.

My $0.02

yes that was the original plan and i was gonna wrap it in mesh.  i want a full face grill... hate the powerbar.
issue is the power bar sticks out further than the rest of the frame which means there is no way possible to make it all flush.
so idk.... i know there is a name for the grills made for these with the light mods but cant seem to find it anywhere.
last year i found tons of them and now they seem to have dissappeared.
idk... may just break out the fiberglass and make my own.  isnt seeming like im going to find anytbing useful.
thanks for replying though

There are grills out there that don't have the power bar through the middle.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/mytightride/chev-avalanche-02-mesh-grille-58101-big.jpg

Like this one.

Willow LS said:
There are grills out there that don't have the power bar through the middle.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/mytightride/chev-avalanche-02-mesh-grille-58101-big.jpg

Like this one.
going through the middle isnt the issue... going through the frame is... the middle can easily be cut out and wrapped in mesh... on the frame though causes it to protrude a solid half inch making it impossible to cover and have it flush.
the power bar has to be cut off anyways on the headlight divider part to fit tge 1 piece lights.  i want a full face... no emblem... no frame... just solid mesh.  so i need one like the 07 and up that does not have the powerbar.
if u cut out the whole powerbar u r then left with a 3/4inch indention... which it seems may be my only option.. i will just have to glass over it to make it smooth with the rest.

like i said... there is a name (model no) for this type of custom grill but for the life of me i cant find it and to me the range rover ones look super cheap and corny.

Willow LS said:
Did you consider the Cadillac EXT grill?

yes... thats why i said any make or models... k do t care what it is as long as it fits semi well... i will be moddi g it to my liking anyways.... just need a smooth frame amd the powerbad preventa that on anything befor 07...amd def not looming to spend 300 on a grill when i can get an 07 at the yard for 20 and already got mesh for 7.

Something like this? Just cut the sides off?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=350626536665

I understand what you are looking for... Just never seen anything like it. I suppose you can always try the 07+, just don't think it'll work.

Snyder80 said:
Something like this? Just cut the sides off?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=350626536665

I understand what you are looking for... Just never seen anything like it. I suppose you can always try the 07+, just don't think it'll work.

yes that is exactly the style... except i need a reg grill so i can do my own mesh...ive seen this one but doesnt make sense since its a bolt on ho it can bolt flush since the power bar sticks out further than the rest.
also im not spending 150 for it lol not when i can do the same for 30.
was just hopin 07 would fit so i didnt have to mess with glassing... about half way done with full interior custom glass job and 2 months straight of sanding has took its toll... and still got aot left lol

Back