• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Finally a good Bug Deflector

Burrd

I went through a few of these before I bought a lex an bug deflector, I get them in clear, then have the back painted in body color. It matches the best and looks the best I think.  And they bolt up in holes made in the hood from the factory, gotta love that. 

I just put a Weathertech bug deflector on mine.  Not sure if it's made out of lexan or what, but installation was super easy because of those holes.  Putting them on older trucks was a pain because you had to drill holes.

It did come with four little rubber buttons that are supposed to go on the hood behind it, but I don't really see what they're for.

Those buttons are to protect the paint under the deflector when someone shuts the hood by pressing down on the top of the deflector pushing it against the paint.

enoniam said:
Those buttons are to protect the paint under the deflector when someone shuts the hood by pressing down on the top of the deflector pushing it against the paint.

Ah... Yes, they probably would.  I guess I'll install them.

I think mine only came with 2 buttons, which I installed, but I've still got some paint scratches where the deflector has been pressed against the hood.

Mine has 5 buttons 2 on the ends and 3 on the hump in the center.

Theoretically it can bump against your hood at "passing speeds" as well.. So for protection sake they are definitely good to install. Debating on if I want to put one on my truck or just bedline the whole hood.

Rodney

Back