• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Add a leaf for 2500 Avalanche?

2003 Av Beast

I'm having trouble finding an add a leaf kit for my 2500 Avy.
I'm open to suggestions,
I'm looking at towing a 26 foot enclosed car trailer and want to beef the springs a bit, nothing radical just functional.

1.5 to 2" of lift is ok since I'll be adding a 2" Torsion key to the front as well.

I'll be towing a 26ft Enclosed car trailer so nothing over 8,000lbs GVW loaded.

I'm finding out there's not many kits for the 2500 Av unless you go to a radical lift.
That's not an option for me.
I'll be scouting the Junk yards this week for Ideas.

A lot is not listed to fit a 2500 AV, but if you look under the same year Suburban you may find something..

But as brokenoak mentioned air bags. I have Firestone air bags on mine because I lifted and leveled it. But when you do that it looks great but when loaded with gear and a trailer it drops the back a few inches. They are not cheap $300 plus but the best way to adjust it with a load.

Firestone PN 2253..

Thanks for the reply's!
I'm going to stay away from the air bags, don't want to deal with filling, adjusting, loosing air in the winter, etc.
I'll be travelling to Canada and it gets to minus 40, not good weather to deal with air systems.

I'm looking into add a leaf or spring helpers with a 1" spacer block for regular sierra 2500.
I'll let you know what I come up with.

:E:

the Avalanche 2500 rear spring pack is shorter than the 2500 pickups.  The overload will still fit.

The 2500 Av is an HD btw, at least in the front.  The duramax/Alison combo 2500 HDs have the body mounts 2 inches higher on the frame .
discovered tis when I Duramaxed my avalanche.

THANKS Alaska!!
Great info,
I'm looking at a couple of add a leaf options that have 2 1/2" wide x 40 to 44" long.
That will give me just a bit more boost in the payload and lift to still keep the Truck level.
Will send pics when done.
I just had a new Curt class 5 hitch receiver come in today rated at 16000lbs. Gross Trailer Weight to replace my stock old rusty one.
Can't wait until it's complete and I'm towing!

Thanks Again,

:B:

also consider adding a plate or 2 to the rear frame for strength its fairly cut open from gm and the bottom lip can sag with a good load

Back