• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Reverse Light & ground wire for backup camera 2008 Avalanche LTZ

menjul

Hello,

New to the site, glad to be a member. Brought an 08 Avalanche LTZ, love it! Replaced the factory installed 6 CD Changer with OEM Nav Receiver recently. Installing after-market backup camera. Camera is installed, ran the wires and have the RCA cables connected to the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) harness. Need to find the reverse light power & ground wires in the BCM. Several forums talk about it but its a different answer every time. Does anyone has pics or info?

Much Appreciated

When I installed my aftermarket unit in my 05, I just took power from the reverse lamp itself. Not sure where the power leads come off of your camera... If you need to be in the dash hopefully someone will chime in soon.

Check out this thread...http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,68224.msg1713306.html#msg1713306

Thanks Old Skool. I did read your thread but was unable to identify the exact location of the Dk Blue wire in the BCM. Would you mind sharing couple of pics. thanks again.

i recently installed the yada 5" backup camera  from (Costco $99) in my 04 avalanche.  it mounted to the licence plate  and was so easy as the camera connects  wirelessly to the monitor i added a couple of self tapping screws to the mounting on he  licence plate  wasn't convinced that the  double sided tape was  good enough.  i ditched the suction cup part of the mounting  for the windshield  drilled tiny holes in the  mount and the top of the dash and screwed it in there  then popped off the  dashboard bezel just a bit ran the wires through there and  hooked it into the fuse block on the drivers side  to a unused fuse that only is on when the truck is on. The rear wires  i simply connected to the backup light  wires with the included hardware. took me a total of an hour maximum.  They give you the option of using the cigarette lighter but i didn't want a bunch if wires hanging all over the place. the way i ran it is is almost unnoticeable. i added the camera because  there is a huge blind spot behind the truck . i am really pleased with this camera give me a piece of mind when backing up and as a bonus i was able to hitch up my trailer without help in record time. i like the little scale on it for how close you are with the green yellow and red lines.  love my avalanche  the only drawback was the blind spot.

Back