• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Blackbear tune YAY!!

cntry_boy77

Just installed a tune from Blackbear and WOW!! I always knew an 8.1 should be able to smoke the tires!!  :drive: Really woke the truck up! Now to test it out with the camper and see if anymore improvements are needed, not that it was horrible before (much much better then hauling with the ol 1500).

Did you go with the "traditional" tune or something more specific? Interested to hear update about towing. Thanks

Blackbear is doing a tuning session in my area in December, seriously thinking about having my truck tuned then. It can only help right?

Absolutely do it!!!  I had mine done yesterday and it has made driving my avalanche a lot more enjoyable.

Finally back on to post after having my 2500 tuned by Blackbear.....all I can say is W O W !!!!!  It is amazing the difference their tune make on my 8.1L. It's a totally different truck now, so much fun!

:drive:

I know it isn't the primary focus, but did you see any increase in MPG?  That is of course if you can keep your foot out of it...

Back