• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Defect Pattern Matching by Serial Number

atomsite

I have a suggestion regarding problem vehicles. It would be helpful if a consolidated list of defects matched to the vehicle serial number was created. Perhaps there is a pattern to certain types of defects.

Maybe the forum administrator could create a list of common defect categories. Perhaps its could be a list with a bunch of tick boxes. List your serial number and tick off the boxes that apply, etc.

Are defects "all over the place" or are they consolidated within a certain range of vehicles.

This wouldn't help owners but it may help new buyers in avoiding the purchase of a nearby serial number.

Then again by the time the problems are noticed and posted those vehicles may be long gone from the dealers lots.

What about those without problems like me and my 2002?

most of the problems have been figured out and directed aty early editions of the 2002.......most problems now are rare and well scattered amoungst the vehicles.....

atomsite said:
Yeah, it sounds like a good idea. However in practice it probably won't be that useful.
I bet it would be useful for GM though.........

PS Welcome to the CLub....enjoy all of the research earlier members have done for you.........and add where you can......

Back