Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a petition for gm to recall the dash in our trucks that are cracking  (Read 3149 times)

joelowrider

I thought I would share this it is a petition someone started to recall the dashboards in our trucks

https://www.change.org/p/recall-2007-2013-vehicles-due-to-the-safety-of-cracked-dashes
2010 Avalanche

MS03 2500

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member

That's a interesting twist on the cracked dash problem.
2003 2500

GR1MR3APER

• TheWickedReaper

Thanks for that info. Not that it will make a difference to GM but it got my signature...

grnxnam

• CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member
  • Pastafarian

I can understand them covering it if your vehicle is 2-3 years old...but 8? Lol...no.
Jesus wasn't white, so why does he look like Kid Rock on a cross?"

GR1MR3APER

• TheWickedReaper

Yeah, should be pretty easy to understand 2 to 3 years, that's called a manufacturers warranty  ::)

The problem when there is a defect that presents a safety issue, it needs to go beyond that 2-3 year period, that's when they need to issue a recall. Such as nonworking airbags and supposed faulty washer fluid heaters.

This individual isn't putting out a petition on getting freebies for an aging vehicle, they're addressing a safety concern that gm is aware of but not willing to fully own up to. But I guess after 2-3 years consumers should just expect their safety to be jeopardized and ignored because they didn't run straight out and get another brand new vehicle after a couple years... lol...no.

Burrd

I put a dash mat on when I bought it new, gotta keep,the sun off of it, my 1978 car isn't cracked either, Matt also. 
Gotta use a Matt
2005 Loaded,  Hot Wheels Edition, DK Gray Metallic, No Decals, NO CLADDING

grnxnam

• CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member
  • Pastafarian

A cracked dash is a safety issue???
Jesus wasn't white, so why does he look like Kid Rock on a cross?"

Vaeagleav

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • The Avalanche just keeps getting better!

I agree grnxnam I don't know how a cracked dash would be considered a safety issue unless it affected airbag deployment somehow or maybe impact protection?

Burrd I also use a dashmat since AV was new but still developed the crack/rattle but it did take 6 years to show up.

As far as on line petitions, I have read in many places that that is a waste of time since the names and addresses are hard to verify and in some cases the lack of a hard signature makes it worthless. So while signing one may make you feel better it won't have any effect but to possibly open the person up to identity theft, spamming or other such aggravation and problems.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

Burrd

I know a guy that has luck fixing dashes for F body's, you could talk to him. 
2005 Loaded,  Hot Wheels Edition, DK Gray Metallic, No Decals, NO CLADDING

PromptCritical

• Agent of Entropy

I'm a bit dismayed that the dashes in these are straight-up plastic instead of being covered in some sort of vinyl or leather. Feels cheap and the fancy car folks always talk smack about Chevy interiors.

My solution was to tint my windshield.  :cool:
Toys list:
2011 LT Z71.  Black. 5.3L/6L80. Mods: 6" Fabtech lift on 35x12.5x18" Ridge Grapplers, ProComp Rockwells, Bilstein 5100's, 3.73 gears, TruTrac, Diablo tune, OEM Tranny Cooler, Weathertech, Tailgate Assist, BedRug, Black OEM grille, Black bowties, ALL glass tinted.
Tesla ≡ Reservation
1999 Tahoe 2-dr Z71 Sport.
1971 K/5 Blazer CST.  Ochre.  GM Perf. 350HO Crate, Roll bar.
2001 Suntracker 30 Party Hut. 3 AGM batteries w/ isolator, 1000W system.
Assorted things that go boom, bang, and pew.

TraderTom69

• I love both of my Chevy Avalanches

My '09 is cracked with only 57k on it. It is well kept and has never been off road. It cracked in 2 places. One in front of the IP cluster and one in front of the passenger air bag. After inspection of the drivers side crack it seems apparent that the dash is bolted down in such a way as to create a swelling or binding which has put a flex into the dash. No wonder it cracked where it did. Nothing so obvious on the passenger side crack.
2002 L36K Orange 227,000 miles
2009 L36K Dark blue 58,000 miles
Parts Manager@ Kenwood Systems
Former Counterman @
Nucar Connection Performance Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 24 queries.