• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

blacking out the front grill

joelowrider

I have a 2010 with the black grill with chrome around it, I would like to get rid of the chrome is the best way to do this is to paint it? Does someone make a replacement with no chrome.

her is what I was thinking of doing to mine, I am sure that they sell a all black grill but this you can do yourself and it will only cost you $6 and your time.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Plasti-Dip-11-oz-Black-Rubber-Coating-Spray-11203-6/100131010?N=5yc1vZ6z7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCtkVePX_0

I dipped mine before winter.  Just taped over the opening and tape'n'drape'd the rest.  Took maybe 2.5 hours total including spray?  Taken it 5000+ miles, through brushed and brushless car washes where it was scrubbed by the attendants... still in perfect shape.

You can also buy replacement inserts without the chrome, but painting would be cheaper.

Mine's not a stock grill, I glassed a full height one in, but you can't get much more blacked out than this.

Attachments

• Grille.jpg
    Grille.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 181
I will add, just in case someone else runs into the same problem I have, If you are going for a stock or billet grill in all black and have a Z71, there are none. They make grilles for all makes and models, even the LT, but not the Z71 LT!

:help:  :help: I am trying to blackout my grille but having trouble finding a replacement part or modified one because I'm not even sure what the actual part is called or it's part #...it's the chrome trim/base piece that the front bowtie goes over. I've seen Chevy emblem logo base but can't find anything that sells
That one particular part. I'm trying to figure out how to get one in all Black. Any help or links to where I can purchase this part? I'm trying not to do any painting unless there are no parts to purchase. Then I would need to know what I have to do and what paint I would need to get that chrome blacked out! Thanks  :help:  :help:

Back