• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Heading to Melbourne this week!!!!

4x4dreamer

PM 2023
SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2013
SM 2008
My girlfriend and I are leaving Friday (or Saturday) and heading down to Melbourne for some much needed R & R. We will be in town for the entire week the 20th-28th. We're just going to rent a car and enjoy the trip down the coast!

We plan to do disney a couple days and drive over to the Gulf one day. We may even hit up Daytona on the way down or the way back!

Any special tips on things to do while were down there? We haven't been in a few years, and then we did disney every day for a week straight  :laugh:

This is our first chance to explore the sunshine state and get to know the local fare.

Any advice is appreciated!  (y)

Ian

got change said:
How did your florida trip work out?

Not too bad!

We left last Friday, drove to Columbia SC and stayed the night. Drive the rest of the way Saturday. We spent a couple days at the beach (Melbourne and Cocoa). Did disney one day, (got rained out half of it) and spent a lot of time shopping and lazing by the pool!

We headed back Saturday and stopped in Ocean Isle Beach NC to drop my girlfriend off to her family beach trip. I opted to stay until this morning and drove back to WV bright and early!

All in all, it was a great trip! Just under 2300 miles and the Cruze averaged 35mpg overall! Very satisfied!

I can honestly say, traffic wasn't bad on 95 this time around.. We only ran into stopped traffic a couple of times and for no more than 45min  (y)

Back