• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Any GTG's in the making?

Fireinferno

SM 2010
SM 2009
I've been away for awhile  :E:, just got back on and don't see any gtg's posted anywhere. Does any member know if any are around in MA or NH?

Should be some soon.....  :wave:

I won't be organizing any white mountain cruises anymore.

Well, for the most part, it's attendance, last time we did it, two other AVs came, and only two went to the top. Second thing, is my AV is 14yrs old, and just want to keep mileage and maintenance down. After my recent trip to TN for the Nats, I had an incident that almost left me stranded (brakes almost caught fire from heating up going down a steep grade from 6000ft). I will admit that the 90* air temp had something to do with it. But all in all, I revived the 'Cruise the Whites' cruise 5yrs ago, and I'm at the point where I'm ready to pass the torch, and whether it continues or dies is up to the AV members in New England. I do feel that the region is virtually dead, there has been little to no life for two years. I'm not even an official New England area member, but I've tried numerous times to start something and get no replies, or people reply but say they are busy. Whatever, I am done with the whites.

As a member of the 14 year old AV group I agree with the mileage and maintenance. I threw out a few ideas local
to me with that in mind. My family has always enjoyed the "Whites" even though we could not attend all of them.
James, we much appreciate your "unofficial" New England member attendance and the revival of the "Whites". We visit the Knack frequently and the memories of those GTG's are always talked about. It was my first GTG in 2003, where you gave me my ambers. Thanks James.
Onward through the fog,
Dave

Back