• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

PIA Factor .. replacing an ENTIRE dash on an 07 LTZ

ROBOPTI

OK ... Before anyone flames me - Idid "search" and there is a lot of discussion on the cracking issue on the 07-14 dashboards. But I cant seem to find specifically - How hard is to reeplace the whole damn thing yourself.

I LOVE my Av - It is MINT .. except for the dash which look like the surface of the moons of saturn.

I do not want to "fix" it though - I am looking to replace it

So - I know someone has done it ... If I am willing to buy ALL the dash pieces (which I am) ... how gigantic a pain in the arse is it to replacement the entire dash - upper - cap - sides - lower. My thinking is buying the pieces - maybe doing some reinforcing of the usual hit/cracked areas .. and bolt all new pieces in

How many beers is this project ... Thanks a TON In advance

I have never attempted what you are contemplating Sir,,  I do know from changing out my instrument cluster/gauge face
that there is a boatload of stuff back there..    I think its worth noting that at the plant the entire dash assembly is placed in the
vehicle as a complete assembly. Its all put together elsewhere and just lifted into the truck by a robot.. 

I have pulled my engine and transmission, rebuilt them both and put them back, and they actually work, 

But I would not attempt a dash transplant... 

I have not either but it does look like a PIA

Attachments

• 07dash.GIF
    07dash.GIF
    58.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 07dash.png
    07dash.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 68
There was a member on here who replaced his entire dash with an ext dash, and several members have removed the top broken pieces on their own. I don't remember his screen name though  :E: Found it.  :wave:
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,137717.0.html
He has a pic of the dash out, it should kinda give you an idea of how much went into removing it.

Thanks for the 411 guys ... That diagram / instructional alone makes me want to just go buy a dash pad.

I still HATE !!!!!!!!!!!! the cracking dash garbage .. and chevy KNOWS IT !!!

Back