• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New member qusetion: why is this board so quiet?

SMcD

Hi everyone... I am new to the Avy world, and I have to say this....I have belonged to other forums, Jeep Cherokee, Ford F-150, a forum dedicated to "four-eyed" Mustangs. (79-86 only) and they were WAY more busy than this place....even the New England section of contour.org (Ford Contours) has more action than here; and they haven't built Contours since 2000! Anyway, my question is rhetorical than anything else.....

^ who the hell do you think you are coming in here acting like we don't matter.

Ford Contours are old crap - who cares!

Just kidding, I'm a CEG member hahahaha :wave: (y)

Recognize the screen name?

:laugh:

I do remember! CEG is a great place with very active members especially the New England and New York regions.
It would be nice to see some of that passion here. My Contour was the only Ford that didn't screw me in the end; just shy of 200k on the Zetec 4 cylinder before the head gasket went. I sold it to guy for $450 who drove it around as it was for at least 4-5 months until I stopped seeing it at BJ's parking lot.

Kind of slow here, but this is an AV only forum. A lot of these members are on the full size chevy sites too which get more attention.

I still have my '95 SE Contour with 3L swap and a few other goodies.

I had the same thoughts, but it is nice there isn't a lot of BS here to weed out.  Most of the posts are to the point.  If you need help it might take a little longer to get an answer, but almost all the info you would ever want is here, so a search will normally get you there.  I think I posted a little while back about getting a scavenger hunt started, but didn't get any interest. 

I get the feeling this is a somewhat older crowd (and I do mean that in the nicest way!) and folks have families and jobs and better things to do than hang out in (on?) forums all day. I have already gotten a lot of information from this site, and appreciate people taking their time to share their knowledge and experiences. I've also noticed that people on this site are pretty polite; in another thread I read where someone asked what a torque converter was, and if his Avy had one. Instead of being ridiculed, he was responded to in a respectful manner. I was pleasantly surprised.

Oh well. As my schedule permits, (I work two jobs) I'd be willing to participate in any kind of gtg, cruises etc.

On a personal note, I'm loading up my Avy for her first extended trip under my ownership; moving my daughter to college in Erie, PA, about 450 miles from here. Wish me luck and good gas mileage!  :wave:

Back