• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Top of rear window leak

Joeairforce

I have water coming in from the top of my rear window. It looks like it's around the latches above the seal. Anyone have this problem before?

and no, I do not have a sunroof.

Sound like the water is leaking in thru a grommet for the center high mounted brake light wiring.
Did you have any work done in that area? Otherwise maybe the gasket dry or rotted out.

RENORCR said:
Sound like the water is leaking in thru a grommet for the center high mounted brake light wiring.
Did you have any work done in that area? Otherwise maybe the gasket dry or rotted out.

No, no work done there yet. I do need to replace that light though. I'll look into it.

I think I might have it fixed. All except one of the nut zerts for the piece of cladding that holds the 3rd brake light were loose, some even came out of their holes without much effort. Used some JB weld putty to put them back in and seal around them. So far after pouring 2 5 gal buckets of water on top of the truck I haven't seen any water coming in on top of the latches. Fingers crossed I got it fixed.

Back