• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need parts help and backup camera help

ruger2506

I'll be taking possession of a 2007 Avalanche in the next month or so. 

The tailgate spoiler is broken badly.  It needs to be replaced. 

Now, here's the rub.  I intend on adding an aftermarket in-dash system for a camera display, iPhone accessible function, etc.  I don't care much about Nav functions but I'm not sure if I can get a system that doesn't have Nav capability. 

There appears to be a difference in spoilers that have a camera hole/location/etc compared to one that does not.  Can I get some ordering help. 

Also are their cameras that are specific for this spoiler and application? 

We an talk locating a used Avalanche topper later. 

Thanks in advance. 

I don't have an answer to your question but also have an 07 and have wanted to do just what you are planning.  May I asked what you are getting for a radio and camera? 

patz said:
I don't have an answer to your question but also have an 07 and have wanted to do just what you are planning.  May I asked what you are getting for a radio and camera?  

I'm not sure. I plan on going to the local car audio store and see what they advise. Probably go to Best Buy as well and see what they recommend. I'm also installing remote start so I plan on having one place do all the work at the same time.

There are just so many options when one looks for radios that are compatible.

Check crutchfield.com. They can tell you what fits and then you can choose all options. They are a bit overpriced tho'. Find what you want, then shop around.

Thanks to RUGER2506's tip I purchased the DD492 radio, data harness, steering wheel control connector and back up camera from Crutchfield.  Cost $600.00 went in without a hitch all connections are clearly marked and tech support was great.  I did have to remove a piece of plastic in the rear of the radio compartment to take some pressure off the camera connection.  No I have USB, Bluetooth, rear camera and still keep my steering wheel controls.  If you are looking for any of these I would recommend checking it out.  Looks like a factory install.

I ended up having a Kenwood Exelon DDX392 installed with a backup camera. Also had the Viper 2-way remote start system installed. Very happy.

Back