• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

My "new to me" Avalanche 2500

dknelson

MAYBE. 

Today I'll be driving about 4 1/2 hours to pick up a 2002 Avalanche 2500.  Fully loaded with leather, moonroof, etc.  Of course the 8.1 and etc. that comes with the 2500.  It has approximately 57,000 miles on it.

I have been looking for a low mileage 2500 since selling my 2007 Avalanche a few months ago.  I loved the Avalanche but it struggled a bit pulling my boat which weights somewhere between 8500 and 9000 pounds. 

Hopefully this 3/4 ton will be the ticket.  I KNOW the gas mileage is going to be brutal but this will not be a daily driver so I'm not too concerned about that.

I've seen detailed pictures and it looks very nice.  I also ran a Carfax on it and found no issues.  I've seen Carfax miss things so I never take it as gospel but it's just another thing to check.

So all that's left now is to make the drive to see it and hopefully bring it home.  That's what will happen unless I get there and am very disappointed in what I see in person.

I saw that one and I am in Oberlin, OH so it is literally in my area.  BUT.....I did want 4 wheel drive.  I picked mine up today and it's a real cream puff.  Couldn't be happier with it.

Congrats on the new to you 2500, now put her to work.

Not a bad lookin 2500.

index.php

Would you mind providing a ballpark on the purchase price of the Avalanche ?  Asking as I am readying mine for sale (mine is a 2003 orange 2500, also 4X4 but it has just over double the mileage of the one you purchased) and I am trying to find an idea of what a reasonable asking price would be. 

Thanks
Joe

Thanks MSO3 for copying the picture to this thread.  I have more but couldn't get them to post.  Even after resizing them to be under the required 100KB, I still got a message saying "file to large". 

Joea, I have been looking for a while.  I can tell you that most that I looked at that were anything decent were in the 12,000 range.  Didn't seem to matter much if they were leather, cloth, or even the year models.  There were a few exceptions.  I see that the yellow one in Ohio is 15,000 for a 2 wheel drive model.  It looks nice and is very low mileage.  I saw a 2005 with low miles and very nice that was about 20,000...good luck to that guy.  It is a nice one though.  Like I said, 12,000 seems to be the most common range for one in what I would call very good condition.  Saw a few even under 10,000 but they were pretty rough.

(y) (y)

Like the color... Welcome to 2500 ownership..

Back