• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Tennessee Trick Av or Treat, 2015

Should we have a/an AV trick or treat get together in TN, 2015?

• Yes!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yes but why and where?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No but why and where would you?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe/depends on why and where?

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

King of Red Lions

I as part of the AV fan club have realized Tennessee does not get that much attention anymore nor do we have any simple/common or easy get together's. We haven't gotten lazy we just have slowed down members have been leaving and/or only coming on to see whats new every once in a while. I am new and I already see a group slowly falling apart and I do not want this to happen I want to be a part of something that means more than we do now, I want this group to rise again whether its in itself to its own members or more. I can't stand to see this we must have more than a website and a/an annual get together. No I want this to be a thriving outgoing group I want to see all of you more than just 1 time a year. How about 5 or even 10 WHY NOT? Please don't fall we need to rise up.

Hello King of Red Lions, I am up in Indiana but we have family in Tennessee. We don't get there as often as we once did but would like to meet up when we can travel that way! For us it may be next spring, I will try to let you know. Good luck getting things going, it is needed!

Ohh, what area in Tennessee are you from? Did you know that the AV Nationals was held in Pigeon Forge this past July? Look in the threads for past GTG's and the 2015 Nationals for the info and some pictures!

I live in Lower Middle Tennessee, Winchester 37398. Also thank you I rely doubted a reply now im actually exited abot this. Yes I saw where the finals where held and I didn't go, well because I couldn't I joined this group after the event.

We have no real plans to visit Tennessee in the near future, maybe next spring. I would be up for whatever you can plan and will try to let you know when we can be there! Family is in the Cookeville area.....

Z66 BUTCH said:
We have no real plans to visit Tennessee in the near future, maybe next spring. I would be up for whatever you can plan and will try to let you know when we can be there! Family is in the Cookeville area.....

Hey Butch,King,
If you all end up planning something in the spring, sent me a PM incase I don't see it here. It's a wicked far drive form up here in PA, but
I have family in Sparta, McMinnville and Cookeville and could kill 2 birds with one stone.  I'm sure we could talk Ian into coming down and Neil and Kat to coming up from Alabama, among others.

You might get some ideas from this thread I started in 2005 King of Red Lions,

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,45270.0.html

Unfortunately starting or reviving a regional/state chapter can be quite some task. I would suggest tagging as many AV owners as you can find. Then look at your state (and even neighboring states) member's lists and look in the member's profile for email addresses and start sending them emails or P.M.s to invite them to various gtgs.
Sometimes attaching yourself and in turn fellow AV owners to an existing event such as a charity run or car show can bring out members. One of the most successful yearly gtgs we had in Virginia was having the AVs run behind all the motorcycles during a toy run for kids in the local hospital, many of the attendees came from N.C. and other states.
We tried monthly meetings at a local Chevy dealership and got good support from them but other then checking out the newest AV on the lot or looking forward to dinner after the meeting we only had a small core group that would show up.
Problem we had in Virginia is that many members were military and the either got transferred or had overseas tours. Then when gas prices went up the distant members stopped driving to come to meetings or small gtgs. Then when they stopped making the AV and most members were familiar with mods then the enthusiasm died and some members sold their AVs and moved on.
Good luck with your revival efforts!

Everyone is giving real good information.  You may also look in the Michigan Thread for ideas for GTG's.  We hold several throughout the year.  The next one we are hosting is a Holiday Dinner.  This is our 9th annual year.
My biggest suggestion I can give you is Don't Give Up!!  Keep posting local GTG's and eventually they will come.
Start out small like meeting for lunch or dinner at a local restaurant.  Make sure you give the restaurant a heads up and an approximate head count. BBQ joints are always a good option.

Thank you guys all for commenting and helping out, I didn't think this post would take off like it did but it should have and it is because it has a great point. Any time you guys are ready to GTG just tell me I don't care when or how I just want to be there and meet other members. Thank you for the thanks on my young blood and enthusiasm, that is what I am here for I believe in this group and its longevity that is my motto here. Also I am not impatient about meeting up incase you may have thought, apologies, I am just eager to meet you and hang out it doesn't matter when, sorry about that.

Oh and I LOVE OUR GROUP WE WILL LIVE ON

I too admire your enthusiasm.  (y)
Thank you for trying to revive participation.

Check out this topic...
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,93283.0.html

Many of the GTG's listed there might be far from local for you, but you are invited regardless.  :welcome:

Here are some tips for planning a GTG:

Check other GTG topics to see how other members do things.
Basically just let members know where to be, when to be there and what they'll be doing.

Here are a few things I could think of...
Date
Time and schedule - schedule can be loose
Location - post a map or address or exit number
Costs - admission fees and such
FRS radios - if using, what channel?
Web site links - to events or locations or any other things of interest
A lot of the information can be found in links, but it doesn't hurt to post it too.
Attendee list - typically a list is kept in the first post
Eating? - if so, where and when
Gas - if planning a long cruise, when/where can you get gas
Bathrooms - warn if none available
Some people (like me) are clean freaks, so you may want to warn if conditions may get the trucks dirty.
Weather updates are nice too.

Keep the first post updated - you can edit your own posts.
You can edit the topic title too.
Preferred topic title format is "what, where, when."

I hope this helps.
If you need anything else, please ask.

Thank you GoldBowTie for the help, though I wont be setting any events up by myself anymore because I don't want another turn out like last time (0). I am going to be under Z66 BUTCH as I want to say he is our cruise coordinator for this event since he is the only one that is present to my state. I am honored to have such a great coordinator, the event will be held at what time he chooses I am under his cruise command and he shall choose since it is his honor. Z66 I cannot wait to see you this spring at wherever you choose. Thanks again!

Calicak89 said:
Hey Butch,King,
If you all end up planning something in the spring, sent me a PM incase I don't see it here. It's a wicked far drive form up here in PA, but
I have family in Sparta, McMinnville and Cookeville and could kill 2 birds with one stone.   I'm sure we could talk Ian into coming down and Neil and Kat to coming up from Alabama, among others.

Well I just realized Z66 said and I quote "next spring" just noticed that ouch but it better than nothing. So if you are coming this spring I can we can meet up, then when Z66 comes around I guess we meet next spring to or whatever works.

King of Red Lions said:
Thank you guys all for commenting and helping out, I didn't think this post would take off like it did but it should have and it is because it has a great point. Any time you guys are ready to GTG just tell me I don't care when or how I just want to be there and meet other members. Thank you for the thanks on my young blood and enthusiasm, that is what I am here for I believe in this group and its longevity that is my motto here. Also I am not impatient about meeting up incase you may have thought, apologies, I am just eager to meet you and hang out it doesn't matter when, sorry about that.

Oh and I LOVE OUR GROUP WE WILL LIVE ON

My girlfriend and I frequent Pigeon Forge at least a couple times a year, if you're close  (y)

I too believe in this group and that we can revamp it to what it was years ago! I never imagined that I would get 50 trucks at nationals this year, but it happened  (y)

We've just got to keep it up and pan for interest and ideas!!!

Well just keep me in touch. I dont know about traveling that far for just a one individual meet I have a cerfew and the only time I could and will get an adult friend say a buddy who just graduated is if it is an event or get together. One person meet ups might be a struggle because anyone willing to go to events might think it is a waste of time though I think it would be fun also it would just be a weird situation. If you get other to go or bring others and it is then officialy a GTG yes that would make it easier.

Back