• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Played around and printed some vinyl decals for the Bowties

droopies

I can't sell these since they are licensed images, but I couldn't help but make these at work and try them out.  FYI, I downloaded a Chevy Bow Tie emblem pulled it into Photoshop and made it about 40% opaque.  Then I stretched and manipulated the Grizzies and State logos to fit enough to be legible.

Very nice!  I personally would choose different teams myself but still very nice!  (y)

Duneit said:
Yes very nice. We have one of those decal printers where I work.
I'll have to check it out now.

Shoot. It's not a printer but a decal cutter. Still going to play around with it.

It's best to print them out bigger, mount them onto the bowtie, then with a sharp razor blade, trim them to the exact shape.  Thanks for the compliments.

You could probably start a mail order business selling these, with different teams or logos.  Although I don't know the logistic to copy right, Id pay for a Spider-Man style one

No can do.  The licensing is problematic to say the least.  I know a guy who bought a vinyl cutter and started making all kinds of Mustang and Shelby logos and stripes.  He was busted when he started selling them on EvilBay.  I heard thru the grapevine that Ford settled with him for $7,500 and a cease and desist.

droopies said:
No can do.  The licensing is problematic to say the least.  I know a guy who bought a vinyl cutter and started making all kinds of Mustang and Shelby logos and stripes.  He was busted when he started selling them on EvilBay.  I heard thru the grapevine that Ford settled with him for $7,500 and a cease and desist.
When I worked at an Oakley distributor, the corporate rep told us to report anyone making Oakley logos because they can take their equipment. A trailer park here that has been named "Lexus" for as long as I can remember, just got sued for $28,000 by Toyota and they were given a time window to remove anything that says Lexus on it or they will fine them again. Working at a steel shop we get a lot of requests for the WY bucking bronco, but that is also protected and you need to have a license to reproduce it, the high school here got fined (doesn't make sense for the gov to fine itself basically) for cutting it on their table and hanging it in a welding class.
Basically when it comes to protected designs, I try to avoid it.

I think you could sell a really nice pencil for say 10-15 and throw in the decal. >:D

LornesAV said:
I think you could sell a really nice pencil for say 10-15 and throw in the decal. >:D

I second this.  Or accidently drop it in a mail box with my address.

Back