• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Best A/T tire for Avalanche 1500 4x4

What A/T tire for good road manes and good off road

• Bfg all Terrain T/A

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Bfg rugged terrain

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • General Grabber At 2

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Firestone Destination A/T

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • OEM tire mine were goodyear at/s

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

tblt44

Just a poll to see what you guys think and a few I'm considering.
Will be used on boat ramps a few times a month ,hunting,off road in Sandy and light mud when wet, mostly on road use.

Before you buy you may want to check out Tire Buyer.com they have some of the lowest prices on the web and they delivered to my front door for free. I've bought 3 sets so far for all my vehicles.

Take a look at Cooper Discoverers AT3's. Mine haven't seen snow because I swap setups from winter and summer but I've had no problems on the beaches of Cape Cod and Rhode Island. And they've done well in Ct. mud too.

I've had Cooper Discoverers, Hankook Dynapros & now BFG All Terrain TAs. The Avs 4wd system is so good the truck will get around on balonyskins. But the truck does noticably better with the BFGs on it.... Even in 2wd.
Oh, and the BFGs are available in low profiles now too.... 275 55r20. Hoping they get more miles than the others.

I have been running a set of Rugged Terrains for about 3 years now and love them. Mine are 33's and really don't have much road noise. Then again... my exhaust is chopped at the moment so if there was road noise I probably wouldn't know.  :laugh:

Leaning toward the grabber A/T 2 price and reviews.
I had bfg all terrains about 13 years ago and was happy till they got old and hard.

They are not really off road tires. They are great in the rain and snow.

I am getting the Firestone Destination A/T in a month or so so I will report back on those after hunting season.  Hunting 4th Rifle in Colorado (late November) so they will get a workout!.

tblt44 said:
Just a poll to see what you guys think and a few I'm considering.
Will be used on boat ramps a few times a month ,hunting,off road in Sandy and light mud when wet, mostly on road use.

says "mostly on road use" with occasional offroad.  i would say you dont want a dedicated AT or mud tire for only occasional use.

I would look at the BFG KO2's. It is the new BFG. Nicer looking tire.

Toyo AT2. I"m an aggressive driver and have over 40,000 miles on LT285/65/18 and still plenty of tread left. They're great on road, snow, rain   (y)

RCBearings said:
I am getting the Firestone Destination A/T in a month or so so I will report back on those after hunting season.  Hunting 4th Rifle in Colorado (late November) so they will get a workout!.

Ended up getting the regular Destinations instead of the ATs.  The Michelin LTX I had started chunking the sipes off at 50k.  I do a lot of long freeway trips along with some offroading so the ATs were't the best choice for me.

Have you checked out the General Grabber AT2's??

Similar tread block to the BFG A/T's, but cheaper

They are a good looking tire, and I have heard good things about them.

Was absent so I'm quite late, but maybe not too late !?  :D

Well, what about BFG Mud Terran KM2 ?
You'll may think it's a little bit to much but I used it on my last pickup with a lot of different conditions (mountain, off road, daily car, snow, rain, hot, etc.) and it was really okay. Not so much noise, good resistance, good adherence...very good I think.  :B:

I've heard good things about the Toyo R/T, it's got a pretty high tread life warranty. And the Toyo A/T 2 is one of the best out there, and with a 65K tread warranty.

Toyo makes some of the best tires available

I'm not sure to understand : do you mean it will make a bigger consommation or a lower than other muds ?

Back