• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rear view camera

Lvrboy

I am looking for a camera system that I will leave on at all times. My rear window will be blocked and I would like to see traffic behind me (and check for cops). Does anyone have experience in something like this.?
Cheers

Why are you trying to avoid Law Enforcement

If your signature info is correct and you have a 2002 the electronics could be different from other years, maybe one of the site electronic gurus will answer soon. But overall I think you could buy an in dash head unit with monitor and backup camera from a place like www.crutchfield.com and they could set you up with the correct harness needed for your app.
As far as running all the time with a camera on you may get blinded by headlights on the road at night and that could be distracting as well a negate the usefulness of the camera. Otherwise you may need to develop good mirror skills and act like a semi truck driver and just be aware of blind spots.

For the 2002 you put a HU with a screen or there are stand alone screens or mirrors with screens but they much smaller and you can't really see anything.

Best thing is to do the double din conversion and put in a new HU and rear view camera, that's what I did..

Like Vaeagleav said go Crutchfield and check out what's available.

Back