• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Who has the eldest brother/sister of them all in their possesion?

Dluvr22

PM 2014
PM 2013
So I got to ask. Who has the eldest Avalanche of them all in their possession?.
If memory serves me right, my Avalanche was built in April of 2002. I'll check to verify when I get home later today.

Sorry Texas Cowgirl I know you have always laid claim to the fact that yours is the eldest.

Dluvr22 said:
So I got to ask. Who has the eldest Avalanche of them all in their possession?.
If memory serves me right, my Avalanche was built in April of 2002. I'll check to verify when I get home later today.

Sorry Texas Cowgirl I know you have always laid claim to the fact that yours is the eldest.

Hers was built in 2001...

Hmm...... I've got to check mine again. Maybe it is 01. I remember hers and mine were only a few months apart. I think hers was February. But I'll leave that for her confirmation

Mine was built in September of 2001, but I know there are some here built earlier than mine..

Randy said:
Mine was built in September of 2001, but I know there are some here built earlier than mine..

I think mine was Sept. 01 as well, might have been October.  I will check when I get home.

I think this was discussed way back in the beginning of the site... and some were fromearly 2001 and had the old school throttle pedal with cable...

they then changed to drive by wire in around May I think..

mine is from aug 2001 based on frame date.

ygmn said:
I think this was discussed way back in the beginning of the site... and some were fromearly 2001 and had the old school throttle pedal with cable...

they then changed to drive by wire in around May I think..

mine is from aug 2001 based on frame date.

I definately have the throttle pedal with cable going to the throttle body. Truck's outside right now but it's -10 degrees out there. Not ready to brave those temps to check the year.
Maybe we can add some pics to spice up this thread?

upper right corner - 06/01. I would take a picture of the frame build date but the truck is dripping melting snow. Frame date of 5/29/2001, and a build date of June 4, 2001.
IMAG0268_zpsoectnnew.jpg

Dluvr22 said:

Glen had the oldest at Niagara Falls 2004 GTG. I still had my '02 with a frame date 06/10/2001  ???

I'm the one that first crawled under Texas Cowgirl's AV and informed her it was a week or so older than mine. I can't remember what her frame date was, (05/29/2001)? I can remember her jumping up and down grinning from ear to ear thanking me while gloating hers was older than mine then apologizing.

Mine's Dec. 2003 but my first one I factory ordered, took delivery June 26, 2001 if I remember correctly. Wife was a little ticked as it was our wedding anniversary and I was in love with a truck.  :love:

Flint4x4 said:
Mine's Dec. 2003 but my first one I factory ordered, took delivery June 26, 2001 if I remember correctly. Wife was a little ticked as it was our wedding anniversary and I was in love with a truck.  :love:
LOL!!!!

My son and I were driving my Jetta this morning and saw a white EXT. He told me to dump the AV and go get the EXT.

Kids...

Back