• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Vehicle balance/level point

USCGRet

2007 LTZ. Replaced rear air shocks and now it appears to have high rear end.
Question is, where is the balance point, and how do you level the vehicle?
Please respond to home address. 
dbspencer@adsnet.com
Thanks, USCGRet 

Sorry sir, I do not do emails here is the weight distribution. the balance point will be exactly between the front and rear wheels.

Attachments

• weight.GIF
    weight.GIF
    9.2 KB · Views: 54
Could be level sensor is bad or something else....

Dealer could help or maybe drive around a bit for system to work together for a bit and find level.

When I bought my EXT a few years back, I was getting a Service Suspension error in the DIC.

Turned out both air shocks were blown out and the air compressor was toast.

So the truck presented a "somewhat" level orientation front to rear since there was no lift from the rear air shocks.

I measured the rear height before and after the new gear was installed and found the rear was raised close to 1.5 inches.

I suspect you are seeing the same now that your suspension can function as designed.

What you are seeing is most likely the was it was when it rolled off of the assembly line.

There is nothing that says you can not apply some of the "leveling" techniques described elsewhere on this site, if you desire a different look.

All of these trucks are designed to sit rear high.

Not everyone likes that and they mod their truck to achieve the look they prefer.

Doesn't bother me, so I will just let mine bump the way it is.

I agree with the above, the "normal stance" for the AV is to have the rear slightly higher then the front. Many threads on this site in the suspension mod section about leveling out the AV.......from adjusting the front keys to adding lowering or lift kits front rear or both.

Back