• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Changing Out Chrome Accents to BODY COLORED???

ElevenLTZ

Hello all. Recently became a proud owner of a  black 2011 Avalanche LTZ. I would like to replace the chrome mirror caps, door handles, and rocker panel trim to BODY COLORED parts but I can only manage to find plain black matte plastic (not painted to match) parts online...does anyone know of a place to get these parts in the same body colored match paint besides possibly ordering them from a Chevrolet dealer???  

You can get sets of 4 door handles primed for about $90. Part numbers should be 1311161 , 1310161 , 1521127 and 1520127. The mirror caps can be had primed for around $40 for the pair, try part numbers 25788157 + 25788156.
Not sure what dealer cost is for factory matched painted units, but it may be cheaper to buy replacements in primer and get your local shop to match them for you.

Calicak89 said:
You can get sets of 4 door handles primed for about $90. Part numbers should be 1311161 , 1310161 , 1521127 and 1520127. The mirror caps can be had primed for around $40 for the pair, try part numbers 25788157 + 25788156.
Not sure what dealer cost is for factory matched painted units, but it may be cheaper to buy replacements in primer and get your local shop to match them for you.

Awesome informative response thank you!!! (y)

No problem.
Just a hint. you should create a signature for yourself in your member profile section and include your year and model, that way every time you ask a question you won't have to remember to state it. I know it's your screen name, but everyone on here isn't going to necessarily coordinate the two.

I'm looking to do the same for my 2010 black LTZ.  I just bought a pair of black mirror caps from partsgeek for around $60 shipped.  The product page states they are paint to match, but they did not need to be painted to match my black truck.  I put them on last night (ruined the chrome ones in the process) and they look much better.  I may try to get some pictures a little later.

Back