• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2016 Nationals Modding Thread

jlancton

PM 2017
PM 2016
SM 2007
SM 2006
It wouldn't be Nationals without Mods!

What mods do you have planned for Nationals?

1.  Shels Land - Fix train horns
2.  EriB - Remote Tailgate lock, Remote Start

I may still be looking to lock that tailgate remotely! I also have a viper remote start that I either don't know how to operate, or it needs repair if someone is familiar with those.

I can't think of anything that I need right now, but I am willing to help anyone out with whatever they need done!  (y)

I have a list of mods....and stuff already purchased...but I may already have them installed before then.  If not, I will update when the time comes closer.

ARMYtango said:
I have a list of mods....and stuff already purchased...but I may already have them installed before then.  If not, I will update when the time comes closer.

My garage is always open for modding... >:D

So i was thinking the other day about what kind of mods i need to do yet before the nats, and ways to help save some more fuel on the 8hr plus drive.  Whats the thoughts about removing the front driveshaft?? Dont really see a need for in in the middle of summer, and it doesnt see mud or snow anymore, so wondering would it save fuel like the old school trucks with the lock out hubs??    Thoughts ??

wilsonracing said:
So i was thinking the other day about what kind of mods i need to do yet before the nats, and ways to help save some more fuel on the 8hr plus drive.  Whats the thoughts about removing the front driveshaft?? Dont really see a need for in in the middle of summer, and it doesnt see mud or snow anymore, so wondering would it save fuel like the old school trucks with the lock out hubs??    Thoughts ??
as long as you're in 2 it shouldn't make a difference, I did run around without my front driveline for a while and it didn't feel any different than 2

wilsonracing said:
So i was thinking the other day about what kind of mods i need to do yet before the nats, and ways to help save some more fuel on the 8hr plus drive.  Thoughts ??

You could lower it back down and get smaller less aggressive tires  >:D

Alright... IF I get all of the parts together for my Stutter Horn install, who is going to help me get it done >:D

I'm scoping out, and pricing everything I am going to need, but I don't know if I will have the funds to buy it all before Nats. It depends on the hours I get with my new Intership that starts in May.  :p

The stutter horns, are the horns on Fire Trucks, so that would be a very cool mod for a firefighter (y)

redheadedrod said:
Whats a stutter horn?

See Below  >:D

james21 said:
The stutter horns, are the horns on Fire Trucks, so that would be a very cool mod for a firefighter (y)

I agree. I really wanted to just do train horns, but I can get the stutter set up cheaper, and its easier to find a place for the trumpets  >:D

Not to mention, everyone has train horns nowadays, and I like to be different!  :cool:

ARMYtango said:
It's a horn that stutters.
It goes b b b b b beeeeep!
Lol.  :laugh:

:laugh:

airhornsoftexas.com  has good prices.

I was thinking of getting the Corsa Sport. Anyone have any experience with it? Is is possible to install it at the Nats?
Also, wanting to install a back up camera. Any ideas on a good quality one?

The exhaust is a piece of cake, especially if you're willing to cut the stock pipe behind the muffler, before it goes over the axle. Then you don't have to jack it up 3 feet in the air to snake the stock system out.
W/ a floor jack, a cordless sawzall, some penetrating lubricant and a torch, a socket set and box wrenches, it shouldn't be but 3 guys for 30 minutes or less start to finish if the nuts on the front end of the stock pipe break free. Worst case scenario, you use a cordless drill to drill them out and put some 7/16"x 1" stainless bolts, nuts and washers in place.
Hell, If you're willing to trade that rear window, I'll do it by myself........at night..........by candlelight...........in my undies.  :eek:

Calicak89 said:
Hell, If you're willing to trade that rear window, I'll do it by myself........at night..........by candlelight...........in my undies.  :eek:

He does have a sweet rear window!

Tom, do you carry a torch with you?

Calicak89 said:
The exhaust is a piece of cake, especially if you're willing to cut the stock pipe behind the muffler, before it goes over the axle. Then you don't have to jack it up 3 feet in the air to snake the stock system out.
W/ a floor jack, a cordless sawzall, some penetrating lubricant and a torch, a socket set and box wrenches, it shouldn't be but 3 guys for 30 minutes or less start to finish if the nuts on the front end of the stock pipe break free. Worst case scenario, you use a cordless drill to drill them out and put some 7/16"x 1" stainless bolts, nuts and washers in place.

Interesting offer all right! But, I like my glass way too much. I thought about buying the Corsa and bringing it, just not sure. I don't have all the tools. But your offer did bring a laugh to my long hard day at work.   (y)

You've got a rear airbag to install
ARMYtango said:

Back