• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2002 chevy avalanche fuel and temperature gauge with battery light kn

bigd1733

Good morning geveryone. I am new to the site and am hoping that all you experienced folks can help me out. This weekend I was tightening up my positive battery terminal and the wrench touched the body and sparks flew. I started the vehicle and everything g seemed to be fine. I then noticed that my fuel gauge, temperature gauge, high beam indicator, cruise control, and prndl weren't working but everything else is good. Also the battery light came on. If I turn my key forward right before ignition the prndl works but as soon as I turn it over it stops. I have checked all fuses and there doesn't seem to be any bad. Please help if you can. What a stupid mistake! Lol

did you check both interior and under hood fuse panel?

Yes I did. I have read a post from 2012 with same exact conditions. They were suspect of a ground, but there was never an answer to the post. I can't find any relays that only deal with these items either.

I would double check the ign 1 fuse in the left IP fusebox.

I found the problem. I had used an atm (add-a-fuse) and I shorted out the wire. Thanks for the input.

bigd1733 said:
I found the problem. I had used an atm (add-a-fuse) and I shorted out the wire. Thanks for the input.
good to hear  and kind of a teaching moment in that mods done t trucks canbe the source of problems for other things and should be checked.

what wire shorted I am having a very similar problem also the 4x4 and 2wd lights don't come on..no HVAC no Wipers no gas gauge no temp gauge no mileage when running
\ :mad:

Check all the fuses, even under the hood, there is one just for all you have wrong under the hood.

SWATbwana said:
All fuses looked good all relays clicked
Did you actually test the fuse or does it just look good.  I read a case on Rockauto's newsletter where a fuse looked good but turned out to have blown.  Blew in such a way the short wasn't easily visible.

That's an excellent point since they all went at once. probably a large ignition fuse.

Back