• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

AM reception?

Linescreamer

I installed an amp and speakers, integrated with my factory head unit on my 07.  I seldom get any AM reception.  Is this problem common?  How should I proceed?  I have done my best to keep wires separated on install.

Did you have good reception before the amp install.

AM reception can be messed up if the ant ground to your fender is not connected or if you have something producing a bunch of RF. Such as wireless reverse camera or other wireless equipment in your truck.

Not likely due to adding an amplifier or audio equipment.

Rodney

redheadedrod said:
AM reception can be messed up if the ant ground to your fender is not connected or if you have something producing a bunch of RF. Such as wireless reverse camera or other wireless equipment in your truck.

Not likely due to adding an amplifier or audio equipment.

Rodney

No wireless in the truck.  Where is that ground?  I thought it grounded through the ant cable.  I do have the amp power wire running from the battery down the right side fender and up through the hole in the passenger floor.  It is kinda under the antenna.

Back