• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Bluedriver by lemur or automatic ? ODB2 reader

brownprider07

I'm trying to decide which one to go with. I like bluedriver and it seems to get good reviews. But seems like a real straightforward obd11 scanner. Then automatic however has all these neat apps you can get and etc and it reads check engine lights also , some but not higher end ones for lack of a better time like the blue driver. What do you guys think ? There both the same price. I tried looks everywhere online for something talking about both or something but couldn't find anything. So I thought maybe you guys could help. :)

Hey BP07,

I chose the BlueDriver as I only have iOS devices, iPad has more options with the BlueDriver anyway and I have heard that their support team is on top of any new issues. Just ordered my BlueDriver and should have it for repairs this Saturday. I'll let you know what I think of it. I'm surprised there isn't more on the BlueDriver here TBH.

The only thing I already wish they had was more isolated data like individual injector voltage, individual rotation speeds, transmission shift life data...

TuffysTruck said:
The only thing I already wish they had was more isolated data like individual injector voltage, individual rotation speeds, transmission shift life data...

I don't think any product getting data out via the OBDII gives those things.

Unless there is a different plug near the OBDII port, I had a transition guy hook up an expensive looking reader to the OBDII and we took it for a spin, tracked engine performance and transition shift timing.

I guess if the distributor is sending signals to the injectors from input un-associated to the computer, camshaft rotation, then yeah it can't provide that data from the OBDII. Since I have a 2005 4WD Z71 1500, it has ABS and needs to be able to detect discrepancies in wheel rotation to activate that system and the traction control. Wouldn't that information be available on the OBDII port?

Thanks,

Well, there isn't a distributor, that is handled by the PCM.

You can get injector on-time, but voltage I doubt is measured by the PCM, other than possibly to detect an open or short in the wiring.

Transmission shift times is available - what do you mean by "transmission shift life data"?  Are you looking for something to correlate with how much service life is left in the transmission frictions?

Back