• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2006 Avalanche to 2009 Avalanche front end

Eclipsetzzz

I would like to change the front end of my 2006 Avalanche to the 2009 look. Has this been done? What would I need to do this? Thanks

I have not seen this done on this site yet, probably due to problems and cost in doing so. A couple of members in the past did change the AV front in the first generation for the first generation Cadillac EXT front though.
I imagine you would have to get everything from front doors forward and then fabricate a set of mounts to install the fenders,bumper etc. to the different frame locations between first and second generation AVs. It physically could be done but how much are you willing to spend?

Oh and welcome to the site!

I'm not sure what the 2009 look is. 

Wow, sounds like you will need a really good body fabricator. I can't imagine the meeting point between the door - fender would be easy. Not to mention the hood - windshield or any of the hanging points on the frame. Good luck & take lots of pics of the process!

I have always liked the Yukon/Denali front ends on the Av. Seems like it would be a LOT easier to get everything to fit.

Eclipsetzzz said:
I would like to change the front end of my 2006 Avalanche to the 2009 look. Has this been done? What would I need to do this? Thanks

An amazing body guy, welder/fabricator and a huge checkbook.
I looked into doing a front clip swap to the GMC Yukon Denali a while back, before I hacked apart the front end and glassed in a new grill, the amount of time, effort and costing made it an unreasonable mod for me. I can't even imagine the amount of fab work that would be needed to hang the fenders and bumper/headlights assemblies etc, let alone getting all the filler/metal work tight enough to have acceptable reveals between all the components. I think that if this was anything but mechanically/economically impossible, someone would have done it between 2007 and now.

Yeah stick with a gen 1 02-06 as long as you don't have a AV with lower cladding

The front bumper on the 2007-2013 is wider then the 02-06.  I was going to try it back then and saw images of a 2005 Silverado "Same front as non cladded AVs" and the front grill and bumper is wider probably by a 1-1/2,  So wouldn't look right.  I'd stay in the GMT800 models

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f4/c1/b2/f4c1b26242eb8ec3a4d639a21ba53577.jpg

Back