• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What's the best exhaust?

Another Wuhn

What's kind of exhaust does everyone have or did they jus leave the stock exhaust on please let me no I want my truck to sound good don't have to be extremely loud but awesome sounding

There are so many threads about this. Might get you a LOT more answers to search for what everyone has already said. Here is one of the more recent threads.
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,149379.0.html

I agree with AirJunky.
You should take some time to read the section on exhaust mods. If you ask 100 members you will probably get 100 opinions. Most trying to convince you that the posting member picked the right system. It may be best for them but your choices could end up with a different system.
You need to decide what is your budget, how long do you plan to keep the AV, what looks good to you and probably one of the top points is "What sounds good to you?" as well as what performance increases do you expect and do you plan to stop at exhaust or possibly down the road look at headers,cams or supercharging etc? Then do you drive in harsh conditions where cheap exhaust will rust out and you replace them frequently or would you spend the money on a  higher quality system with lifetime warranty?
As far as picking a good sounding system that is a very subjective thing since what is music to someone's ears could be noise to you and vice versa. It is best to attend a GTG (get together) and get test rides in different AVs so you can hear first hand what sounds good to you.
Good luck on your search.

Back