• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Are we the real Avalanche club?

King of Red Lions

Was online looking for a snug top for my av (no luck, guys please help me find one) and I ran across this http://chevyavalancheclub.com/index.php?topic=15544.0 so I was just wondering who is the official club. Even if they are no worries I will never betray my Av brothers here  and go there I'm only curious nothing more you guys are my Av family and I will never leave you guys.

This is the biggest and most active one.  I am on 3 Avalanche forums and no one is going to think you are betraying the other by being on another forum.
A lot of people are on this one and the one that you posted (I am on that one also)...great info and photos on both!

This is probably the oldest and I'm sure the most active AV forum.

I'm a moderator on that forum under a different screen name.

In this post I have the site wrong :beating:

Once apon a time a member here had gone on the outs with the owner and moderators here. Long story short, he copied/hacked the member list and passwords. Built that site and populated it.  kinda started a war between members. Becoming what I call the dark years....

Any how some of us think we cant have to many web sites to go to, the new owner of that site is one awesome guy and well liked between the sites.

this is a very dumm down recap...hehehe

Jeez it's like me joining was me being born in the av club and while I'm young and still a newish member asking questions learning about our history. Though coming to find out that before my time there was a great war between our leaders kind of like Roman times. Now at the cost of our members the war had ended and we now live in peace with them and have ambassadors visiting between sites.

Alaska_AV. said:
Once apon a time a member here had gone on the outs with the owner and moderators here. Long story short, he copied/hacked the member list and passwords. Built that site and populated it.  kinda started a war between members. Becoming what I call the dark years....

Any how some of us think we cant have to many web sites to go to, the new owner of that site is one awesome guy and well liked between the sites.

I think you may be thinking of a different AV web site Alaska.  ???

The one referenced above to my knowledge hasn't ever been that underhanded relative to this site, although its got some interesting "history" unrelated to this site that I presume isn't too well known by most here.

King of Red Lions said:
Jeez it's like me joining was me being born in the av club and while I'm young and still a newish member asking questions learning about our history. Though coming to find out that before my time there was a great war between our leaders kind of like Roman times. Now at the cost of our members the war had ended and we now live in peace with them and have ambassadors visiting between sites.

Nice way to put it.  :D

There is much less drama now then there was 10 years or so ago.  Some of us are getting older and wiser, and some are no longer here.  (y)

King of Red Lions said:

King of Red Lions - since you are our neighbor to the west...you can also check out this site.
http://www.carolinavalanches.com/ncavforum/index.php

Smaller and not as busy, but still a fun group...and pretty much all of the members are on this site as well.  (y)

It reminds me of when two old friends had a less than amicable divorce,...

My wife and I heard both sides and wisely kept silent, still friends with both of them.

King of Red Lions said:
... before my time there was a great war between our leaders. Now at the cost of our members the war had ended and we now live in peace with them and have ambassadors visiting between sites. 

Great analogy but in my perception there was no war. It was more like the South seceded from the Union and the North said "Goodbye". Whether the site you mentioned is one that broke off early on or was created later is of no consequence. Most of us will not choose a side, you can't have a war if all of the potential soldiers on all sides over rule the leaders and go have a beer together  :cheers:

King of Red Lions said:
Is there a Tennessee web and not to be rude but why do you want me to move to another website? Is that because of the nationals info and stuff.

Not sure if there is one for TN.. Just thought I would invite you in case you were interested.  Sometimes we will have small local GTGs that maybe you would be interested in attending. 
For instance, on Black Friday, a lot of us meet up at Charlotte Motor Speedway to drive the track.  Or we will get together at another member's house for some BBQ, modding, and shooting.  Just figured you may be interested in one or two where you would like to come out this way and join us.  Completely up to you.

I changed my email address there also, now I'm locked out.

I'm a moderator there but don't have control over approvals such as those.

The two admins that do are also active here, although one just sold his AV...

Maybe one of them will see your posts here and take action.

Unfortunately with so little action happening there the interest by the admins there has waned...

You may be having problems trying to get on the site if you aren't on a WiFi or home internet connection due to the higher security settings. Can't access it from mobile data connection.  Just FYI

Skyview just messaged me back and said there was an issue with the date on the site that was blocking some things. He said to give registration another try and it should work.

King of Red Lions said:
Was online looking for a snug top for my av (no luck, guys please help me find one) and I ran across this http://chevyavalancheclub.com/index.php?topic=15544.0 so I was just wondering who is the official club. Even if they are no worries I will never betray my Av brothers here  and go there I'm only curious nothing more you guys are my Av family and I will never leave you guys.

That one started out as Midwest Avalanche Club. Name changed a few years back as there were people from all over signing up and joining it. Previous owner wanted to make it more global.

Alaska_AV. said:
Once apon a time a member here had gone on the outs with the owner and moderators here. Long story short, he copied/hacked the member list and passwords. Built that site and populated it.  kinda started a war between members. Becoming what I call the dark years....

enoniam said:

The one referenced above to my knowledge hasn't ever been that underhanded relative to this site, although its got some interesting "history" unrelated to this site that I presume isn't too well known by most here.

I agree with Greg on this.
At one point and time there was talk of the Midwest site becoming a regional chapter of this one. Then the name changed, a certain egotistical member here thought it would be "fun" to jump ship and "help" run that one because he no longer liked the way things were going on here.. Things fell apart from that point on. That member rarely shows his face anywhere anymore.

Bottom line, you're on the biggest and best site for information about these trucks. If you're looking for a snug top, I'd suggest watch Craig's list very closely as they'll pop up and be gone in a matter of days.

Here is my issue I changed my email address, it said it will send me a validation email but I never got it. Tried twice, now when I try to login it says this. Is it sending to my old email that I can no longer use

An Error Has Occurred!

Your email address needs to be validated before you can login. Need another activation email?

MS03 2500 said:
Here is my issue I changed my email address, it said it will send me a validation email but I never got it. Tried twice, now when I try to login it says this. Is it sending to my old email that I can no longer use

An Error Has Occurred!

Your email address needs to be validated before you can login. Need another activation email?
Which site B? CAC or Carolina?

Disregard, you should be good.

enoniam said:

Upon some late night digging into 2002 -03  CAFCNA history , I found your correct. the one I was thinking  that turned in to CAC, didn't. the one I had in mind was  clubavalanche.com, and it is now closed.
so I'm gona hush up about that

In the hay day there was upward 20 Avalanche groups, going down memory lane was fun

Back