• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

I was just in an accident :( (not my fault ) but now I need repairs.

brownprider07

My rear bumper and driver side rear panel took a hit (the panel near the cladding. Where could i possibly find these things ? Would it be difficult to swap out ? The panel just scuffed up some no major body damage. But the bumper under the other hand. Looks like bent metal underneath. Could this just be like the mount for the plastic bumper. If so where can I find them ?

Not sure what panels you are referring to and photos of damaged areas would help. If just scuffed plastic you may be able to sand the area lightly or treat with Refinish Restorer. Otherwise you may have to check junkyards to get parts off a wrecked AV. You have to remember too since it's a 2002 the cladding is the light grey and older models with darker cladding won't match. As far as the metal bumper core you may be able to find a replacement but again probably a junkyard would be cheapest find. If it is a small bend maybe it could be bent back into shape too.

This is un related but I need a oil pressure switch. There are two different ones showing up. With gauge of with light ? What's the difference or which do I need ? Because what confuses me is that I have the gauge but also that light comes up say check engine level or something like that. I will post pictures later about the cladding and the hit and so forth . Thank you

The oil pressure switch is what drives the pressure gauge.  It is mounted behind the intake manifold.

The oil pressure level switch is what drives the message about oil level being low.  It is mounted on the oil pan on the passenger side near the rear.

Look here to figure out all the parts and part numbers you need and then you can shop around and look for deals on ebay or other part sites.. Some parts may not be available an you will have to search for them.. Looks like you may only need the bumper, brackets and cover if your lucky, I think most of those are available or there are aftermarket brackets made..

http://parts.royaloakschevy.com/a/Chevrolet_2002_Avalanche4WD1500/_51505_5850298/CK1-236-BUMPERREAR-CHEVROLET-X88-CK1-236-BUMPERREAR-CHEVROLET-X88--EXC-WBH/051221TC07-660TC07-660.html

Back