• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2016 Nationals Lodging

jlancton

PM 2017
PM 2016
SM 2007
SM 2006
ACCOMODATIONS

JULY 21, 22, 23, 24

[size=14pt]The Charlotte area hotels run the gamut from dirt cheap to outrageously expensive.  Trying to balance comfort, location, parking and meeting space, and of course price, for the hotel to serve as host for this years get together was challenging.

With cost and comfort in mind, we've selected Spring Hill Suites Ballantyne as this years host hotel.

The hotel is located in South Charlotte, close to highways, local restaurants and shopping.  Just 20 minutes from Uptown, and 35-40 minutes from both Charlotte Motor Speedway and Mooresville Race Shops.

Hotel Description:

Spring Hill Suites Ballantyne
12325 Johnston Road
Charlotte NC, 28277
704-817-1500
Hotel Website

King Suite

Two Queen Suite

Hot Buffet Breakfast

Pool

I have been able to secure a group rate of just $109/night (plus applicable taxes) for the following room types:

Two-queen bed suite with sofa bed (Max occ. 5)
King suite with sofa bed(Max occ. 4).  
This also includes a complimentary HOT breakfast buffet daily.  

They are holding 30 rooms for us, and can get more if there is enough demand.

**Note - Their sister hotel, the Residence Inn just 2.5 miles from the Host hotel is PET FRIENDLY and has graciously given us the same rate.  PM Me if you need this hotel.

Book your room at the Club Rate

Reservation Call in Instructions:

-SpringHill Suites by Marriott Main reservations 1-888-287-9400 or Hotel Front Desk 704-817-1500
-Inform the representative that you need to make reservations at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott-Charlotte Ballantyne Area
-The Group Name: Avalanche Club
-Team/Group Code: AVAS
-Dates: Thursday July 21st ? Sunday July 24th 2016
-Room Type/Rate:
  -King Bed Suite: $109 plus tax per night ? Rates include complimentary hot breakfast buffet
  -Two Queen Bed Suite: $109 plus tax per night ? Rates include complimentary hot breakfast buffet
-Group Cutoff Date: Friday July 8th 2016

Please post here when you've booked your room and what day you're arriving.

PM me with any questions, I'll be glad to help.

That price doesn't seem that bad, I think it is a fair price for the area, and for a good hotel.

Didit said:
ouch!   lol

I tried to get it under $100 but just couldn't get there. At least not somewhere that had everything we needed.

james21 said:
That price doesn't seem that bad, I think it is a fair price for the area, and for a good hotel.

Thanks, it really is.  Especially since I had found typical two double bed rooms for $150 and up... And no meeting space... This really is the best value, AND it has a huge parking lot, and the hot buffet breakfast... and the giant meeting room at no charge.

First post updated with call in instructions and direct link to book online at club rate.

After seeing what this hotel normally charges during the summer ($18:cool:, the group rate is very generous

Thats funny, I put in the dates we needed and it came up at  $129 reg rack rate. they must have changed prices already!  Pretty fancy place, considering all we need is a bed, shower and parking lot, granted the warm breakfast is a plus.

Didit

Didit said:
Thats funny, I put in the dates we needed and it came up at  $129 reg rack rate. they must have changed prices already!  Pretty fancy place, considering all we need is a bed, shower and parking lot, granted the warm breakfast is a plus.

Didit
I just checked using the link in the first post and it came up $109. Maybe you tried to register prior to them getting the group rate set up?
We paid $80 last year w/ coffee and cookies for breakfast.
If you add $12 for breakfast and 4% inflation that puts it at $96. I don't think $109 is unreasonable. It looks like a pretty nice place, although, like Didit I'd be fine with a cot and a porta-john.
This looks like a sweet deal for the amenities offered and the location.

It's a great price for the Charlotte area but that's my opinion. 
Granted you can find many cheaper places to stay but I not everyone is properly equipped to stay in some of those.

And Calicak89 I thought you got a huge deal when you checked out?  :cool: :cool:

Hugz said:
It's a great price for the Charlotte area but that's my opinion. 
Granted you can find many cheaper places to stay but I not everyone is properly equipped to stay in some of those.

And Calicak89 I thought you got a huge deal when you checked out?  :cool: :cool:

This is true, we used more than half of my "discount" to buy 3 more bags of groceries for donation on Sunday Morning. The rest went into my fuel tank

This hotel has one crucial thing that ours was missing last year. MEETING SPACE!  (y)

Enough room for the charity raffle, and other events without having to set everything up right before, or sit outside in the heat any longer than we have to!  :p

The meeting space is definitely a huge plus (y)

Still considering going but if I were to go I have to have working internet... I will be on an internship this summer where I am doing remote computer work and I could bring it with me but I can't have internet like we had at the 2015 nationals.

redheadedrod said:
Still considering going but if I were to go I have to have working internet... I will be on an internship this summer where I am doing remote computer work and I could bring it with me but I can't have internet like we had at the 2015 nationals.

Free wifi is included.  I'll reach out to my contact and maybe go over and spot check signal in a room. 

I can't imagine I will use it a lot but if I am in NC for that long I will need to have reliable internet. Last year made the mistake of getting a hotel about $10 a night cheaper down the road. Wasn't really worth the savings...

Rodney

You dont really need to worry about the internet at the big chain hotels like Marriot, Hilton, IHG, etc. They all have very reliable services. However some are actually offering both regular speed and then a higher speed for an additional cost, usually $2-3 more per night.

and Mariott has a smoke free policy, so leave your smokes in the AV!

Wifi checked out awesome everywhere I went in the Hotel.  Plenty of signal and speed. 

Tom .... neal said  the in door pool looks perfect!! He will suply the moon shine :laugh:

ChevyGuyNC said:
Wifi checked out awesome everywhere I went in the Hotel.  Plenty of signal and speed. 

(y)

If everything else lines up will likely be going but won't finalize plans until I am out of school and have a better grip on what is going on.

Rodney

Wrench in the money works... I am assuming the sister hotel that is pet friendly likely has good internet service as well?

Last year we left our pooch at a friends house but not sure we want to try that this year. She is a rescue dog and doesn't take well to shuffling her around. Last year she acted weird for a month. I always forget her when looking at overnight or more stays...

Rodney

Back