• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2016 Nationals Chat Thread

4x4dreamer

PM 2023
SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2013
SM 2008
Neal729 said:
We are coming from Alabama!! 2 adults for us !! Can't wait to get more details.  :wave:

ChevyGuyNC said:
Winner Winner!!!!

First on the list!  Congratulations!  You'll get a special gift at the event.  

The prize is Chicken and Carrots, and Carrots and Chicken...  :laugh:

It's been 5 weeks and he's still alive,  I must be doing something right

Attachments

• Connor 1 Mo..jpg
    Connor 1 Mo..jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 242
" The head nurse spoke up, said leave this one alone, she could tell right away, he was bad to the bone"

I like his expression...lol.

Never, I will not turn to the dark side

Avlanch0251 said:
  James ,,, c'mon , join us on facebook,, Get out of the dark ages dammit !!   lol
Join us at the Nats and we can discuss it.

ExSubSailor said:
Maybe I'll finally get to see another 2500.

There was mine and another one in pegion forge last year. :cool:

Unfortunately I can say with almost 100% certainty that I will not be making it this year.  :( (n)

In addition to moving to OH next month we will be going to my wife's sister's wedding in CA (sadly flying not driving)near the end of may so there's pretty much no way we can swing a trip to NC as well so soon....  :(

you can book the hotel .... usually you have up until 3 days before to cancel the room if you can't make it ...

Different cruises will be set up .... keep an eye out for the agenda as we get closer ....

I bet one thing we do is a few Nascar shop tours .... maybe even a trip to the Nascar Hall of Fame .... I know he is trying to get us on Charlotte Motor Speedway ..... to name a few things ....

we usually do a group cruise around the area on Friday or Sat ... early afternoon or evening ....

Sat morning is usually a "show and shine" ... just like it states ... clean up your ride and show it off ... if you got any type of special lighting  .. show it off .... Stobe lights .... undercar lighting ... led lighting .... whatever you got .... they at the group dinner Sat. night they give out awards for the winners ....

it is a can't miss GTG ....

at times you can hang out in the parking lot of the hotel with other owners if you like ....  don't want to go on one of the trips ... you don't have too ... you can come and go as you please ....

If you have never been to one of our GTG .. then this would be the perfect one to start with .... tons of members to meet from all around the eastern US ....

I've been to the last few National GTG and have never been bored yet ..... maybe a little but that is my own fault .... there is always something to do ....

John

possible ....

watch for the agenda and see if that is one of the items ....

If it gets worked out we will be on the same speedway that the NASCAR drivers race on .... I've been on it and it is a total blast! ..... I did it one year for the Black Friday deal they do every year ....

:drive:

John

Thanks John, you pretty much nailed it as for what goes on... You can do as much or as little as you like.  There will be modding in the parking lot I'm sure... We will probably cruise up to a couple NASCAR shops and the Hall as John said.  A nice day to to the NC mountains for brunch one day...

We'll be collecting toys for charity... Look for that thread too... Let's just say there'll be a nice photo op for several Av's to roll up loaded with toys for the kids. 

I'm having awesome event shirts designed... there will be raffle items....

But most of all just meeting and hanging out with the Av family.  That's the best part.

The hotel I'm pretty much sold on actually allows cancellations up to the day before so...

As far as the track, If, and it's a big IF, they let us go on the track it'll likely be paced at around 75-80.  BUT having said that, all you have to do is lay back while the pace vehicle gets ahead, and then punch it.  I've been over 100 ... Like John said it's a blast.  I do it in the Vette every year on Black Friday.  This year did both the Vette and the Av. 

Really hope you can make it. 

King of Red Lions said:
???? Please explain how the track works I still don't know of we're riding all in different Avs. Jeez if we are that would be the greatest thing ever. Also about the pace does it leave and then we can go as fast as we want?

Well, on Black Friday, for a $25 donation, they let anyone drive their personal vehicle on the track for three laps.  So yes, we'd all be in our own Av's.  We do this every year day after Thanksgiving.  There is a pace car or truck that leads a group of about 15 vehicles.  The pace vehicle drives about 75-80 mph.  But, as I said, if you just cruise slowly while the pace vehicle gets ahead of you, may to around turn 3, then you floor it, and can hit 100+ by the time you get on the backstretch... and before you catch up to the pace vehicle.  Just do that each lap.  Pretty cool in a 3-ton Av that's for sure...

Joeairforce said:
There was mine and another one in pegion forge last year. :cool:

Unfortunately I can say with almost 100% certainty that I will not be making it this year.  :( (n)

In addition to moving to OH next month we will be going to my wife's sister's wedding in CA (sadly flying not driving)near the end of may so there's pretty much no way we can swing a trip to NC as well so soon....  :(
ME  (y)

Don't think I'm down with cruising the mountains I'll stay at the hotel for that.

Back