• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Firewall connector for the heater core

Tugboatscotty

PM 2014
PM 2013
The hose that goes through the firewall to the heater core broke off af the firewall today. The hose is fine but the piece that goes through the wall is what broke. I tried GMpartsonline to see if i could fine it but had no luck. Does anybody know where i can find the part number or where i could buy one or am i just going to have to make one.

Thanks

Is that part of the heater core?

In all past GM's I have had that was part of the heater core and not a separate part...

And the heater core is a pain to get to in atleast the 2003-2006 trucks because it is part of the "HVAC Module" which means from what I have been able to find out that you have to pull out like 90% of the dash to get to it...

I say that because It was suggested that the piece in the HVAC module for my AC is leaking and needs replaced because no dye was seen in the engine compartment. When I figured out where that stuff was located I figured I would try harder to identify the source of my leak...

Rodney

Is this what broke off?  You need a tool to remove them which you can get at the auto parts store...

http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-13758-800-409.aspx?parttype=HVAC%2520Heater%2520Hose%2520Connector&origin=keyword

the part listed in the above post have been know to break and you need special fuel line discount tool to remove.
Hope that is the problem because the removal of heater box is not fun but can be done

Thanks randy. That might be it, I was in town when it broke off. it was hard to see. I just plugged it up so i would loose any more coolant and drove straight home, and had to turn around and leave again. I will go outside today and look closer. I really hope that it is it.

Thanks again

Your welcome ..  One side is white the other is black but they are the same. Probably different colors for ease identification on the assembly line..

Actual GM PN's are... But not cheap at the dealer..

Connector Heater hose drivers side   15032062
Connector Heater hose passenger side   15151875

Back